• Installation details for a web server?

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #4374  by epauldc29

I am sure this is possible, but my web master is telling me that he can't figure out how to install OpenKM on our web server. Are their any details and/or instructions somewhere - I have looked but don't see anything that focuses primarily on installation on a Windows based web server.

Thanks,

EP
 #4376  by jllort

Microsoft comes with a Microsoft web service, you can not install openkm there. OpenKM come with his own web server. Really it easy to intall in a windows infrastructure, simply explode de package that you download from sourceforge and then run the application. But it must run separatelly than windows web service.

Your webmaster could investigate if it's possible in the same way that happens in apache to integrate it via. You can have apache and openkm services running ( jboss application server ) and web queries are done across apache web server. I don't know if this type of configuration can be made with microsoft web server ...

you can look on google for something lile "jboss reverse proxy MIcrosoft IIS"
Take a look here http://www.isapirewrite.com/ but I'm not a windows expert
 #41515  by yance0003

Hi there... please help me out with the installation issue.

Right now, I'm facing the problem while trying to access the OpenKM from Internet. Currently I'm using the Dynamic DNS services from DYNU.COM for my domain name which is http://www.yygroup.dynu.com... My ip public is a dynamic ip public comes from the ISP. so to synchronize between the domain and my public ip i used the tool comes from DYNU.com. For router I used the ADSL Router DLINK DSL-2540T. My host internal ip is 192.168.1.2 which has reserved by using the MAC Address in the DHCP server (the dhcp server is provided by the router).

Do you have any clue or hints for the problem is? I have stressed enough searching for solutions by reading a lot of references... I'm not experience well in networking... thanks a lot before for your help.

BR,
Yance

Note : I also attached the 7zip file contain the configuration, setting and screen capture for the result of my OpenKM. Please use it for your references...
Attachments
(498.17 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
 #41525  by jllort

First of all I suggest use static ip for this server, not dynamic. If your ip changes the NAT in your router lose the sence.
Then internally , at least in your hosts file, you should solve to internally the dns to your static ip .
 #41529  by yance0003

sorry but first of all i'm not good in networking... from the explanation you've described... I have noted some points :
- I should use NAT for traffic route
- I should use the DNS service for internal domain...

so the traffic route should become like this : External <- -> Router (using NAT) <- -> DNS Service <- -> My OpenKM's host.

Is it what you mean jllort or I miss the point here ?

Btw, based on the information in the OpenKM documentation which is described in "Third-Party software Integration : Apache (in windows section)" as follow :
Code: Select all
NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName openkm.your-domain.com
   RedirectMatch ^/$ /OpenKM
   ProxyRequests Off
   ProxyVia On

<Proxy *>
      AddDefaultCharset off
     Order deny,allow
     Allow from all
     Deny from All
   </Proxy>

<Location /OpenKM>
      ProxyPass ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/OpenKM
      ProxyPassReverse http://openkm.your-domain.com/OpenKM
   </Location>

ErrorLog logs/openkm-error_log
   CustomLog logs/openkm-access_log common
</VirtualHost>
What should I fill that "your-domain.com" ? is it the internal domain-name created using the DNS service or external domain-name such as my domain which created with dynu.com (yygroup.dynu.com)?

after all, thanks anyway for your help :)

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.