• Problem with the Community development environment

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52723  by jllort

Ensure you have started the OpenKM service from the command line:
Code: Select all
sudo su
service openkm start
Take a look at the video where trying to explain how to configure it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ugBYf5 ... e=emb_logo

Check if the tomcat is started:
ps ax | grep tomcat
Finally take a look at openkm.log at /home/openkm/Development/tomcat/logs
 #52747  by jllort

I think in some Development environement version of the CE version we have forgotten to compile the project. From Eclipse or command line should compile the code ( OpenKM.war file ).

Take a look at Development/tomcat/webapps folder if you have a OpenKM.war file, or OpenKM folder or a hard link in red ( it mean the file really do not exist ).

From command line should be something like ( I think the project should be into Development/workspace, not 100% sure now ):
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true package
also in the source code should be a script for it purpose named build.sh
./build.sh
From Eclipse I think you have a build maven runtime configured in the toolbar.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.