• Change Source Code and deploy the app

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52562  by MohamadAli

Hello,

I have a use case where I need to hide task and process definition tabs from Dashborad->Workflow view. For this, I tried to change the source code, but the changes are not showing on the interface.

Here is what Ive done:
  • Using the Openkm dev environment, I made the changes to the following classes: WorkflowWidget and WorkflowForm
  • Generated the .war using maven GWT
  • Replaced openkm.war from tomcat/webapps by the new one
  • Restarted tomcat
When I restarted it, it didnt work because test folder was not there, so I copied it from another instance of openkm and it worked. However, the changes I made in the classes did not show on the interface.

Could you please help me with this issue?
Best regards,
thanks
 #52572  by jllort

I suggest fork in gihub the problem and share the branch where you have applied the changes. Then will be able to take a look on it.
Also it is a good practice to add some
Code: Select all
Window.alert("text"); // maybe this is not the exact command but I think GWT have something like it -> to ensure your code is really executed

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.