• Installing OpenKM 6.3 CE in "Pristine Tomcat"

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52549  by Wraith

Hi,

I'm currently "teaching" myself FreeBSD via installing and commissioning OpenKM v6.3 CE in a FreeBSD environment. I am interested in installing from scratch rather than the OKMInstaller download to facilitate using the package manager to keep packages current.
  • Can I use the "Installing on a pristine Tomcat" guides for OpenKM 6.4 and 7.1 for the 6.3 CE version?
  • The guides for 6.4 differ from 7.1 with regards to the version of Tomcat; Tomcat 7 recommended for v6.4 and v8.5 for version 7.1. Am I correction in my presumption that 7.1 should be followed as it aligns with Tomcat 8.5?;
  • If Tomcat v8.5 is correct [as per OpenKM 7.1], is the link to Tomcat-7.0.61.zip [under OpenKM 7.1 guide] for the configured files still correct?
  • If it is correct, then the link no longer appears to work. A 404 error is provided when attempting to download this file. Is there a more upto date link?
Thanks in advance
 #52569  by jllort

You can find the tomcat bundle for CE is here https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkm/files/common/

I ignore what is the advantage will have installing openkm without the installer, at least may have a lot of problems that the wizard solve automatically for you. Take this section of the documentation as a guide to understanding the steps must be done from your side https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ebian.html

I do not follow about 6.4 and 7. If you share some link maybe I understanding better.
 #52578  by Wraith

Hi @jllort,

Thanks for the links, will check the files out.

I have downloaded the OKMInstaller.jar file and been able to get OpenKM running, using the link to Debian provided and making some changes to the tomcat script to run with the FreeBSD OS. Installing within a "pristine" Tomcat environment is more of a personal project for myself :)

With regards to the "...6.4 and 7.1..." version of OpenKM and queries around Tomcat references and links.

The section "Installing on a pristine Tomcat" for OpenKM 6.4 [https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... omcat.html] states "At this moment, Tomcat 7 is the preferred option because Tomcat 8 support it still in beta." A link to Tomcat 7.0.61 is a couple paragraphs below.

The section "Installing on a pristine Tomcat" for OpenKM 7.1 [ https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/okm-7.1/ ] states "At this moment, Tomcat 8.5 is the preferred option because Tomcat 9 support it still in beta." However the link to Tomcat 7.0.61 exists. I would expect a link to Tomcat 8.5.xx.

Also the link to 7.0.61 at both the above url's [http://download.openkm.com/okm/Tomcat-7.0.61.zip] doesn't work. Suggest the link needs to be updated to https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkm ... p/download
 #52653  by Wraith

Hi @jllort,

I'm slowly working through the above.

For the installation of OpenKM 6.3 - CE, within pristine Apache, under section "Installing OpenKM", the documentation states
With Tomcat stopped copy the OpenKM.war file into TOMCAT_HOME \webapps
$ cp OpenKM.war $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps
I am unable to locate OpenKM.war within either the tomcat 8.5.24 or 8.5.34 zip files on sourceforge. Are they to be downloaded from somewhere else?

Thanks in advance
 #52667  by igaid

I folowed the instructions and after the command:
sudo ./inxi -F

got the follow:
Code: Select all
String found where operator expected at ./inxi line 26706, near "$speed_key = ""
	(Missing semicolon on previous line?)
String found where operator expected at ./inxi line 26706, near "$speed = ""
String found where operator expected at ./inxi line 26706, near "$cpu_string = ""
String found where operator expected at ./inxi line 26706, near "$speed = ""
String found where operator expected at ./inxi line 26706, near "my $percent = ' (' . sprintf(""
Number found where operator expected at ./inxi line 26706, near "%.1"
	(Missing operator before 1?)
Bareword found where operator expected at ./inxi line 26706, near "1f"
	(Missing operator before f?)
String found where operator expected at ./inxi line 26706, near "$disk_string = ""
Variable "$size" is not imported at ./inxi line 26706.
Scalar found where operator expected at ./inxi line 26706, near "$size$percent"
	(Missing operator before $percent?)
String found where operator expected at ./inxi line 26706, near "$disk_string = ""
Variable "$size" is not imported at ./inxi line 26706.
String found where operator expected at ./inxi line 26706, near "# print join('; ', @cpu), ""
Global symbol "@cpu" requires explicit package name (did you forget to declare "my @cpu"?) at ./inxi line 26706.
syntax error at ./inxi line 26706, near "-)"
Global symbol "@cpu" requires explicit package name (did you forget to declare "my @cpu"?) at ./inxi line 26706.
Global symbol "$size" requires explicit package name (did you forget to declare "my $size"?) at ./inxi line 26706.
Global symbol "$percent" requires explicit package name (did you forget to declare "my $percent"?) at ./inxi line 26706.
Global symbol "$used" requires explicit package name (did you forget to declare "my $used"?) at ./inxi line 26706.
Global symbol "$size" requires explicit package name (did you forget to declare "my $size"?) at ./inxi line 26706.
./inxi has too many errors.
Is it problem or can continue the installation?
 #54527  by Wraith

Hi,

Apologies if this old thread should not be revived. Please let me know and I'll create a new one.

I've currently got some time on my hands and am returning to OpenKM. I've revised the "Installing OpenKM 6.3" on pristine Tomcat (https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... omcat.html). I'm at section "Copy libraries and configuration files". I have downloaded and un-zipped "Tomcat-8.5.69.zip" from "https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkm/files/common/". When attempting to copy files or directories I have noted the status of the following files or directories within the TOMCAT_HOME/lib folder from the zip file:

Green indicates an file or directory found, orange a query/clarification and red cannot be found.
  • unicode.ttf - Found
    sigar directory - Not found in lib or anywhere within the ZIP file. Is this located somewhere else? Empty directory to be created?
    mail-1.5.2.jar - mail-1.6.2.jar found.
    activemq-all-5.13.2.jar - Not found in lib or anywhere within ZIP file. Is this located somewhere else?
    The driver, according to your database:
    For MariaDB double checking that "MariaDB: mariadb-java-client-2.2.5.jar" to be added to the list.
    MySQL: mysql-connector-java-5.1.12-bin.jar
    Oracle: ojdbc6-11.2.0.3.jar
    PostgreSQL: postgresql-9.1-902.jdbc4.jar
    SQL Server: sqljdbc4.jar
    Hypersonic: hsqldb.jar
    H2: h2-1.4.191.jar
Thanks in advance!
 #54550  by jllort

Better open a new one. In advance some files had been updated and others removed, seems you are in the good direction but better discuss in a new thread
 #54560  by Wraith

jllort wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:14 pm Better open a new one. In advance some files had been updated and others removed, seems you are in the good direction but better discuss in a new thread
Done!! :)

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.