• 404 error after upgrading ubuntu 18

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52390  by mciv

I have been running OpenKM for years on an ubuntu 16 server. After upgrading the server to ubuntu 18 I get a 404 error when accessing OpenKM. Log file shows startup failed due to previous errors. I've read various fixes for 404 errors after installation but in this case everything was working and I don't want to jeopardize losing all the configuration and data. Any help is appreciated.
Code: Select all
13-May-2021 07:38:32.054 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more listeners failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file
13-May-2021 07:38:32.058 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [/OpenKM] startup failed due to previous errors
 #52398  by jllort

1- what java version did you have in verion 16 and what do you have in version 18?
2- stop openkm, remove all log files, start openkm -> share here all the logs folder into zip file
 #52400  by mciv

Not sure what java version was running in 16 but I did update it to the latest once I upgraded to ubuntu 18 so I'm guessing it's not the same version I was running. Do I need to keep the java version the same or is there a way to edit config files in openkm to allow a newer version? I thought of java as the reason but couldn't figure out how to fix it.
Attachments
(14.52 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
 #52420  by jllort

Will not working because are using JDK-11
Code: Select all
14-May-2021 23:16:00.426 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Java Home:             /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64
14-May-2021 23:16:00.426 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log JVM Version:           11.0.11+9-Ubuntu-0ubuntu2.18.04
Install JDK 1.8 and make as default

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.