• Russian language problems

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52355  by MohamadAli

Hey,

we recently migrated from mysql to sql server DB. When testing the new DB, all russian characters now appear as ???.

SQL Sever DB Collation is set to "Latin1_General_100_CI_AS" because when I tried to set it to "Latin1_General_100_CI_AS_UTF8", openkm failed to create database.

If I try to change "NBS_NAME" column's type to nvarchar (saw on google that this might solve the issue), sql server doesnt allow me to do it, and tells me that I should drop the table and create it again. Is this safe to do? I dont have a problem losing data because we still in test phase.

Can you guide me about the topic please?
 #52362  by jllort

Always backup database before doing this kind of actions. Also you can play with restored database either the production one.

I ignore if Latin1_General_100_CI_AS is the right locale or should you choose another, a good test will be create a fresh openkm and check choosen locale ( creating a folder with special characters should be enought ).

From my point of view SQL Server seems have reinvented the wheel with so many locales, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MySQL use standard UTF-8 concept -> the same happens with windows that do not use UTF-8 and use their own ISO-XXXX

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.