• system.openoffce.progam error

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52057  by alexanderignatius

Dear Sirs,

I have a Computer with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Build 19042.746, and I recently migrated from OpenKM CE 6.3.9 to 6.3.10 by copying the OpenKM.war file as explained in these instructions: https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/o ... 6310.html . However after the migration and the installation of a new LibreOffice v. 7.0.4.2 the check of the configuration failed.

I am logged in as an Administrator in to OpenKM. I have changed the read write permissions for both program folders: tomcat and OpenKM.
Furthermore, I have granted OpenKM administrator rights and I have edited the system.openoffice.program string variable to all possible values, for example:

C:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program\soffice.exe, C:\Progra~1\LibreOffice\program\soffice.bin or leaving \program\soffice... out altogether. But still I get the same error.

When I start LibreOffice alone the soffice service is started and when I terminate it stops. But OpenKM Service doesn't start the soffice service. Even If there is no soffice service running and the configuration is as stated nothing happens when I start OpenKM server. And I can't see any error in the logs.
Where am I mistaken here.

So for short: the error prevails I don't know what to do.
 #52059  by jllort

What is your current system.openoffice.program configuration?

Remember the application by default is executed by "Service User" ( or similar name ) configured in the Services -> you can change to standard user or try to set grants to this user and the libreoffice folders.
 #52060  by alexanderignatius

My current service logon level is:
My current system.openoffice.program config is:
Where do I grant these permissions? I have never done it before.
I configured each EXE in the tomcat folder to run as administrator and deactivated write protection for both folders: tomcat and LibreOffice.
 #52061  by alexanderignatius

I forgot to mention that I have java 1.8.0_271 64bit version in case that matters. System is 64bit. The failure occurred when I upgraded from the previous version to 6.3.10 by copying the war file. It worked in the previous version 6.3.9.
 #52068  by alexanderignatius

Hello again,

tried some modifications like setting permissions. What I realized is that it executes the programs like tesseract from the program files folder. Only LibreOffice won't start even though it is in the same folder "Program Files". It can't be the path because it contains the dos names of the folders and when I copy the path into the cmd LibreOffice starts. So the path must be correct. I tried the path to the portable LibreOffice shipped with tomcat. Still not working (same error).

(See Picture with settings in the previous posts.) Still haven't found a solution. When I start LibreOffice both services soffice.exe and bin are started and closed when I exit LibreOffice. That I think is normal.

Maybe there is another solution?
 #52072  by alexanderignatius

Hello again,

I disabled the openkm service and replaced the new war file 6.3.10 with the old one 6.3.9 with the variable system.openoffice.path and the string C:\Progra~1\LibreOffice and now it works again.

Don't know why but that's my solution for now.
 #52084  by jllort

Try to do a clean installation ( can use embeded database hsql ) in a new server. Then compare the openoffice configuration parameters because I think that is the reason behing it is not working.

Take a look at https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... -6310.html ( because some parameters changed from previous version )
 #52093  by alexanderignatius

Hello again,

I have done a clean installation and I have created a new database in MySQL. Then I logged in, and then I adjusted the variables for the programs. Here are the results. Still the same error:

Image Image

However, when I execute the LibreOffice path in the cmd it is working.
 #52118  by jllort

The libreoffice path is wrong, do not use "c:/Program shortcut ", I attach an image:
Selección_055.png
Selección_055.png (28.99 KiB) Viewed 4202 times
 #52124  by alexanderignatius

Hello,
I did what you posted, and I still get the same error. Even if I appended soffice.exe behind the sting: c:/.../Program. Strangely the conversion of doc files to PDF is working. I append some images of my config.

Image Image
 #52127  by alexanderignatius

Hello,
just came up with an idea. The other program strings are working, for tesseract.exe for example. Maybe it is not the path string that is incorrect. Do other people have this kind of error? See pics above. I ask because I have tried the java path with / and also \\ letter.
 #52136  by jllort

I think the error is in the screen not in the configuration. Because in previous OpenKM version was using soffice as service ( what is evaluating in the screen ) not office as command line what is the current configuration.

I think you got well configured and working, what's wrong is the validation we are doing what must be updated.

Please add the issue here with the screenshot and we will solve it
https://github.com/openkm/document-mana ... tem/issues

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.