• Actual docker version creates unexpected volume

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50643  by HugoHiasl

Hi,

I did set up the docker version on a linux server and it works like a charm with my postgres also running in a docker container.

For the repository I did mount a volume on the host system to make backups and upgrades easier.

When I take a look on portainer on the running openkm-ce container I see an additional volume that I did not mount there. Is this needed? What is the intention about it?

Thanks a lot.
2020-10-13 12_11_05-Portainer.png
2020-10-13 12_11_05-Portainer.png (32.09 KiB) Viewed 2618 times
 #50664  by HugoHiasl

The one that is mounted to /opt/tomcat with the internal generated name.

In the image the second last row.

I ran it with

docker run .... -v /data/docker volumes/openkm_data:/opt/tomcat/repository

no additional second -v for the docker data volume.
 #50736  by pavila

Please, take a look at https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ocker.html

According to the Dockerfile the only volume should be "/opt/tomcat", or at least , it's the default one. In the documentation some other files or directories are mounted as volumes to make possible changing the default configuration:

- ${PWD}/server.xml:/opt/tomcat/conf/server.xml
- ${PWD}/OpenKM.cfg:/opt/tomcat/OpenKM.cfg
- ${PWD}/repository:/opt/tomcat/repository

So, depending on you want the default configuration or use another database you can use different volumes. I don't recomment using the default configuration for production because it will use an embedded database.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.