• Restoring an openkm repository

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #49957  by marvelsferb7

Hello,
openkm 6.3.2 community
I have a backup of an openkm repository. I want to restore it and run it locally into my Mac.
Could you please help me with that.
 #49970  by jllort

We do not suggest installing in MAC. Restore OpenKM is like installing a new OpenKM. First, you need JAVA support, then the database running and the database dump restored. Arrived at this point you must restore tomcat folder ( what usually should containing repository folder ).

When you got tomcat running some third-party application should be installed, LibreOffice and ImageMagick ( will not be easy installing on MAC ).

I suggest read :
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ebian.html ( understanding the installations steps will help in understanding what you should get after a restored backup )
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... store.html

Another approach will be a clean installing and then restore files, but the installer will not work on MAC. We do not support by default that MAC OS, you can get working. Because we do not like MAC as a server we do not support MAC OS.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.