• Help with installation on my web

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #49944  by blackyman7

Hello,
I like the OpenKM layout and system very much as I tried demo, however, to be honest, I am really not technically competent to install it.
I would like to use it on my web page, if possible?
Is there anybody, who would be able and willing to install OpenKM on my hosting eg. for some reward for you, please?
Is there anybody experienced with that. If so, is there any chance to agreed, I would really appreciate it.
Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day!
 #50018  by zackxoxo

Hello there zackxoxo

Wanted to ask for advice. I have a web server on RHEL5 with just bunch of folders/subfolders and a lot of text documents in them. Some documentations on the systems is around 15 years old. And it is a lot. Most guys in the team know their ways around, but for newcomers it is a nightmare. And documentation fairly sane divided logically, documents regrading to F5 will be in F5 folder with some subfolders in it, e.t.c. So we would want to migrate this stuff to some kind of Document Management System on the file system level with some front end for search indexing, full-text indexing(as most of the files are text, with some console transcripts of troubleshooting steps), with some metadata templates on documents, bookmarks on documents, with preview of documents. Pleas do not advise wiki, we do have wikis as well: confluence and mediawiki. This is mostly for our unix core group technical documentation. And it is a lot of it. If anyone had experience implementing something similar I would appreciate the suggestion. Thanks in advance.
 #50021  by jllort

HI zackxoxo

Your question does not have a relation to the main topic. Please add a new post and we'll try to guide you, with OpenKM DMS and other possibilities you might be interested in what are not DMS.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.