• Installer error: Read timed out

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47669  by DaveWoodman

In case this has not already been noted (a quick search seems to indicate not) there is an issue when using the installer on hosts that contain non-routing network interfaces (for instance, docker bridges, VM networks etc) - this applied to at least Windows and Linux hosts.

It would appear that the installer selects one of the above interfaces, and, when run, will collect the required information, ask for permission to proceed and then stop for a while before reporting Read timed out

The workaround is to (temporarily) remove these interfaces (shut down docker etc) and attempt an installation before reinstating them.
 #47681  by pavila

How can I reproduce the issue? Use a computer where Docker is already installed and any container running, and try to install in this computer (host)? I've tried and works, so I would need a more detailed information about how to reproduce the issue. I mean, Operating System and all the info you consider relevant for the issue.

Thanks!

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.