• Openshift Installation

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47441  by mdorrian

Hi,

Could someone provide specific instructions on how to set up OpenKM Community Version on OpenShift.

Thanks in Advance,
Michael
 #47456  by mdorrian

Thanks for this!.

Could not get that up and running with even docker unfortunately..

I think actually docker files should work with OpenShift too like u said..
 #47474  by mdorrian

Got OpenKM deployed on a docker container.
However the deployment on OpenShift produced errors.
Looking at the logs it seems these are permissions errors..

I am trying a different approach now...I got tomcat up and running in an OpenShift container.I would simply like to deploy the OpenKM war file to that server..how would I go about doing this?
 #47486  by jllort

However, I do not suggest docker or similar scenario. In the end, this kind of images will not solve that it is necessary for production environments to mapping datastore disk and extra configuration what will depend on the amount of expected data to be moved with the application.
 #47488  by mdorrian

Thank you for your reply.

I will try to build from source on my own laptop...I do not have admin rights though...part of your online development setup demonstration shows you installing openkm community version though which requires admin rights...
 #47498  by jllort

You need at the ends installing thidparty tools to get all running.
JAVA JDK for starting tomcat and OpenKM.
libreoffice / imagemagick / ghostscript for preview and image conversions.
tesseract-ocr engine if you wish to use OCR engine for indexing images or PDF with images into.

Althought always when possible we suggest installing application using the wizard ( OKMInstaller.jar tool ), in the documentation you have steps for doing it manually https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ebian.html

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.