• Application Error

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47331  by boby

Dear All,

I have installed OpenKM as per the steps mentioned at the youtube link in Windows. The installation was successful. But while I tried to access the OpenKM using http://localhost:8080/OpenKM , I get a below Application Error

Application error
Code: Select all
Class:	org.apache.jasper.JasperException
Message:	An exception occurred processing JSP page [/login_desktop.jsp] at line [230] 227:  
Date:	Fri Jan 25 05:44:19 UTC 2019
I have opened the login_desktop.jsp file. I am posting the code from line 227 onwards for your reference.
227            <select name="j_language" id="j_language" class="form-control"
228                    style="border-bottom: 1px solid #eaedf1 !important;">
229              <%
230                List<Language> langs = LanguageDAO.findAll();
231                String whole = null;
232                String part = null;
Please help me..

Regards,
Boby
 #47347  by jllort

This error in a 99% of the cases is caused by database connection error. Let's the following things:
1- stop openkm
2- delete all the files into logs folder
3- start openkm
4- try to login
5- compress the logs folder into zip and upload here

We are looking for an error into catalina.log file ( what sure it is raising there ).
 #47356  by boby

Hello,

Thank you very much. As per your recommendation, I have followed your steps and uploading the log files. PFA the logs files for your kind reference.

Regards,
Boby
Attachments
(11.19 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
 #47362  by boby

Thank you.. It was a database connection issue.. Problem resolved..

Thanks a lot. :D 8)
 #50085  by shinus

hi boby, could you please tell how it got solved? i am also having the same issue
 #50094  by jllort

Hi Shinus share your log file and we will take a look on it.
Database connection error might be caused by:
1- wrong server.xml configuration ( user or password )
2- wrong database creation ( user is not allowed to accessing the database )

I suggest check the user itself and then check from OpenKM. Did you have the database in the same server?
 #50714  by zohra

Dear All,

I have installed OpenKM as per the steps mentioned at the youtube link in Windows. The installation was successful. But , I get a below Application Error
Application error
Class:    org.apache.jasper.JasperException
Message:  javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection
 #50726  by jllort

The problem is the application is not able to connect with the database.
* Did you installed the database ?
* did you created user and password?
* is the database in the same server? in case is located in another server probably you have not created the user to allow remote access

Check database credential from openkm server side ( You will see more information in openkm.log -> but seems is clear a problem with database connection ). The database connection is set in server.xml ( tomcat-xxx/conf/ ). Take a look here https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... abase.html -> choose your database and check what you should get in the server.xml file

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.