• Installing OpenKM on WINDOWS 10 - how to deal with openkm.war

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47286  by kefren69

Greetings Forum

I gave a try to the opemkminstaller.jar but i had no luck during the installation; the video is not actually of too much help
So I decided to go for the step by step.

I managed to install TOMCAT 8.5.24 and make it work.

according to the instruction I need to deal with the openkm.war

1) instruction says simply to copy it on the home of openkm but I guess the instruction are not so clear.
2) does the .war needs to be exploded in the C:\apache-tomcat-8.5.24\webapps under a directory OpenKM?
2.1) I did that and after.
3) after I created point 2 now tomcat is not working anymore
3.1) I remove the directory from webapps and it restart correctly
4) so what do I need to do next to make it work?
4.1) any clear instruction available somewhere?

thanks for the support

GIancarlo
 #47288  by kefren69

--- UPDATE
I managed to make the above components coexist together (TOMCAT and OpenKM).

1) I stopped the tomcat service
2) I remove it (not sure if it is necessary)
3) I copied as mentioned by the wiki documentation the openkm.cfg in the HOME of tomcat
4) I exploded the .war in the C:\apache-tomcat-8.5.24\webapps\OpenKM
5) I reinstalled the service and restarted and nothing complained till now.

now
6) if I type in the browser (chrome) http://localhost:8080 I get the tomcat screen confirming it works
6.1) if I type in the browser (chrome) http://localhost:8080/openkm I get the error

HTTP Status 404 – Not Found

Type Status Report
Message /Openkm
Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

Apache Tomcat/8.5.24

I am sure I am not far from the solution but any help will be appreciated.

REgards

Giancarlo
 #47289  by kefren69

UPDATE..

I noticed that despite TOMCAT starts during start I get...
Code: Select all
19-Jan-2019 22:20:07.761 [b]SEVERE [/b][main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initInternal Failed to initialize connector [Connector[AJP/1.3-8009]]
 org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to initialize component [Connector[AJP/1.3-8009]]
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:112)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initInternal(StandardService.java:549)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:107)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initInternal(StandardServer.java:875)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:621)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:644)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:309)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:492)
Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initInternal(Connector.java:995)
        ... 12 more
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:433)
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:425)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:223)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint.bind(NioEndpoint.java:210)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AbstractEndpoint.init(AbstractEndpoint.java:1082)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AbstractJsseEndpoint.init(AbstractJsseEndpoint.java:267)
        at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init(AbstractProtocol.java:581)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initInternal(Connector.java:993)
        ... 13 more
 #47316  by jllort

The error is clear you have another application running, what is binding in the same port is trying to use tomcat
Code: Select all
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
Take a look at the current ports used by tomcat https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... -port.html you have two options, change current or stop the application what is binding one of these ports.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.