javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection

Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules
Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
agb123
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection

Post by agb123 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:29 pm

Hello,

I've just installed OpenKM on Windows 10x64 and got this error javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection. I'm using MySQL 8 and java jdk1.8.0_171
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (9.34 KiB) Viewed 123 times
I'm new to this system, I hope you can help me with it.
Log files.rar
(8.99 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Thanks!!

lnovoa
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection

Post by lnovoa » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:24 am

Hi!,
The problem is because of the MySQL version.
You have two options:
  • Uninstall version 8 and install MySQL 5.7.
  • Stop the server and delete the tomcat/repository directory.
  • Modify the file Openkm.cfg the property hibernate.hbm2ddl = create.
  • Start the tomcat.
2. Follow the steps to the link:
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... oting.html

agb123
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection

Post by agb123 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:59 pm

@Inova, thanks a lot, I followed the steps to the first option and it worked perfectly.