• Restoring an openkm repository

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46293  by adouazzani

Hello,
openkm 6.3.2 community
I have a backup of an openkm repository. I want to restore it and run it locally into my Mac.
Could you please help me with that
 #46295  by jllort

I do not suggest restore in MAC computer, is not a good scenario for several reasons. A lot of pain for getting OpenKM running there, is quite difficult installing all the third-party applications needed and also you must disable MAC indexing tool or the performance of the application will be affected ( by default MAC OS it have a tools what indexes all the contents in your computer, this feature in combination with a DMS is not a good idea and you will get worse performance ).

About migration really is moving the files from one server to other, restore the database ( in production should be used MySQL if you do not configured it, then you are using the embedded database, that means is a file system database and with copying files, you are directly restoring it ).

If you understanding the installation process https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ebian.html then you will also understanding how to move it and what.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.