• Common OKMInstaller.jar does not work on archlinux

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46266  by lslabs

Hi all,

I am on arch linux and try to run openkm. I was able to install version 6.3.2 by running openkm-6.3.2-community-linux-x64-installer.run. But I am still not able to run the common OKMInstaller.jar. But I really would like to run version 6.3.6 or the common version.

When I try to run
Code: Select all
java -jar OKMInstaller.jar
i get the following error:
Running in Linux: 0.9.6-CE (build: f6d8e19)
Unexpected exception: null
The whole output in OKMInstaller.log is
2018-07-03 07:18:33,898 [    main] INFO  com.openkm.installer.Main - Running in Linux: 0.9.6-CE (build: f6d8e19)
The output from
java -version
is
java version "1.8.0_172"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_172-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.172-b11, mixed mode)
I tried different java versions (Oracle Java 8 and 10, OpenJDK Java 8 and 10) but nothing worked...

Do you have an idea?
 #46285  by jllort

I do not know if archilinux, lightweight linux distribution is a good option for installing OpenKM. Take in consideration you should install thirdparty packages like MariaDB ( or MySQL ), Imagemagick, Libreoffice, JAVA 1.8 ... seems not much light packages ... I suggest going for Ubuntu Server 18.04.LTS rather light distributions.

The problem might be the installer does not know archlinux distribution, we worked on identifying Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, Centos, Red Hat distributions what are the most common used in servers ( where OpenKM might be installed for general purpose ). We might try including it, but I think ligwtweight linux distribution is not the best place for installing OpenKM.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.