• OpenKM source has a lot of errors

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46220  by mamad

Hi guys,
I'm completely New to OpenKM
As i said in last topic I downloaded OpenKM Portable Development Environment(OpenKM-6.3-community-portable-dev-1.0)
As shown in the attached picture ,the Source has a lot of errors and seems some libraries are missed or must be added to the project.
How can i fix this problem ?

some errors in source :
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (164.4 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
 #46229  by mamad

Hi Inovoa ,
thanks for your reply

I'm pretty confused with your answer.

first thing is that where can i download OVA (there is nothing to download in the link you send) ? is that free ?

second thing is about the OVA.Is it a Linux environment ? because i have a little experiences of working with Linux based operating systems and prefer to work with a windows os.
 #46241  by jllort

All the compilation error shown in your eclipse probably are caused because you have not downloaded all the maven libraries dependencies. You can try from eclipse with: right click in project > Properties > Maven > Update project ( and then click on OK ). That should start downloading all dependencies etc... but sometimes is not going right from eclipse ( at the begining ) and it goes better - sure - if you execute from command line.

About how downloading the OVA, in our downloading website section you have the link and a video explaining all the process https://www.openkm.com/en/download.html . If our suggestion always, because it comes with OS and all the tools ready to be used ( really this configuration might be also used for production environment as is ). It comes with full configured OpenKM in combination with Eclipse tools ready to be used. You do not need to be an expert of Linux ( but it's a good starting point for you ) you only need to start and stop the OS in the Linux UI and start and stopping Eclipse. ( I suggest view the video what explain clearly ).
 #46249  by mamad

OK,thank you
i dont want just to start and stop OpenKM service also want to develop and extend openKM.
i wish you had made a windows based environment but no problem ,i will test the Linux too :wink:
 #46254  by jllort

The problem with windows based environment is the OS license what can not be shared in the same way you are releasing a linux one.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.