• How to run OpenKm from Eclipse?

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46219  by mamad

Hi guys,
i'm completely New to OpenKm.
I downloaded OpenKM Portable Development Environment(OpenKM-6.3-community-portable-dev-1.0) a few minutes ago.
Now i want to run OpenKm from Eclipse.
I Open Eclipse (from tools folder) and try to Run openkm project on Server . The server successfully started but when i open browser and visit "localhost:8080/OpenKM" The following error shows on screen :

HTTP Status 404 - /OpenKM
type Status report
message /OpenKM
description The requested resource is not available.
Apache Tomcat/7.0.53

Can anybody help me ? :?: :?:
Thanks in advance
Last edited by mamad on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #46221  by lnovoa

Hi!,
To start openkm from the terminal you must have the file openkm.war (build from eclipse)
and import the war into the webapp folder of the tomcat.
After this, you must execute "service tomcat start" or "service tomcat stop".

I am attaching the minute (6:30) of the video where this is done:
https://youtu.be/9ugBYf5ggu8?t=389

This is the full video:
https://youtu.be/9ugBYf5ggu8
 #46243  by jllort

I suggest discard the old OpenKM Portable environment in favor of OVA ( virtualized snapshot ). In our download section https://www.openkm.com/en/download.html you will find the link for downloading OVA and also a video, as suggested lnovoa where everything is explained.
 #46246  by mamad

Guys,
Thank you so much for your answers.
Ok i will download ova and try to use it but can you explain me what is exactly the differences between using OpenKM Portable Environment and OVA in development of OpenKM ?
As i read in documentation, they both are configured environments and don't need extra configurations for compiling and running OpenKM.
Why you say OpenKM Portable Environment is the "old" one and recommend me don't use it ? do you mean its configuration or source codes are depreciated ? If yes why do not you remove it or update its built-in configurations ?
 #46252  by jllort

Because portable development environment at source forge is based on Eclipse portable package what only runs with JDK 32 bits ( is a restriction with eclipse portable ) and that might cause a lot of issues until you get it running. Meanwhile, OVA is a full virtual machine, idependant of your OS configuration what starts itself, and in that scenario you will not find this kind of issues.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.