• Installation

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #45932  by cdc

While installing openkm I am getting the following error.

Kindly note the OS is Windows Server 2012 and we are using proxy to access the internet.

Error is "ERROR: This is usually a temporary error during hostname resolution and means th
at the local server did not receive a response from an authoritative server (sou
rceforge.net)"
Attachments
aa.png
aa.png (41.01 KiB) Viewed 2147 times
 #45938  by lnovoa

Hi!,

The problem probably has its origin in the proxy, which is rejecting the connections.
Try to do the installation by disabling the proxy and make sure you are running the command as administrator (sudo su)
 #45960  by jllort

I suspect the problem has relation with DNS, I think in your configuration from the server you are not able to resolve DNS. There's a configuration parameters for it:
Code: Select all
-Dsun.net.spi.nameservice.nameservers=8.8.8.8 -Dsun.net.spi.nameservice.provider.1=dns,sun
Anyway as suggested lnovoa, I suggest to switch to direct Internet connection for this server while installing, everything will be more easy.
 #45982  by cdc

We have installed on separate machine that had direct internet access
Thanks,

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.