• Installation Port 8009 Issue

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #45243  by KGault

I'm trying to install openKM on a Windows Server 2012 R2 running HP Smartstream Composer. When I try to install openKM I get a port error:
Code: Select all
2018-01-23 15:27:36,021 [    main] ERROR com.openkm.installer.Main - Port 8009 is being used
java.lang.Exception: Port 8009 is being used
I can't change this port as it's coded into the Composer side of the server and any change might affect its performance or operation.

Is there something I can do on my end to bypass the error to reconfigure opnKM not to use it?

I'm using the java installer.

Thanks in advance.
Kevin
 #45253  by KGault

It is another application using the port. It's HP Composer Server. I can't change those ports as HP doesn't allow access into that portion the program. Plus I don't want to change those ports in case the Composer application uses in portions of their coding and the possibilities of it breaking the Server application.
Is there a way around the open km install that will allow me to modify the openkm ports?
 #45267  by jllort

If you read the content of the url I have copyed before there is explained how to change the ports.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.