• apache

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #45222  by asauer

Hi All,

i am trying to install openkm in windows 10 pro.
i managed to ru java -jar okminstaller.jar except for installing apache as a service.
i do know that there are steps (https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ndows.html) to install apache manually.
the problem is i dont have tomcat7 in my bin directory
Code: Select all
cd c:\tomcat-7.0.61\bin
tomcat7 //US//Tomcat7 ++JvmOptions="-XX:PermSize=256m"
tomcat7 //US//Tomcat7 ++JvmOptions="-XX:MaxPermSize=512m"
tomcat7 //US//Tomcat7 ++JvmOptions="-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC"
tomcat7 //US//Tomcat7 ++JvmOptions="-Djava.awt.headless=true"
tomcat7 //US//Tomcat7 ++JvmOptions="-Dlog4j.configuration=file:///%CATALINA_HOME%/conf/log4j.properties"
tomcat7 //US//Tomcat7 ++JvmOptions="-Dfile.encoding=utf-8"
tomcat7 //US//Tomcat7 ++JvmOptions="-Dmail.mime.ignoreunknownencoding=true"
these commands would fail.
any advice please?

Thank you
Asadilan
 #45224  by asauer

my java home system variable was defined as java...\ it should have been java... and that's it, no extra "\"
openKm is installed but apache is not .
 #45235  by jllort

exist a tomcat7.exe in your bin folder ? or and openkm.exe ?

in case the second then you should execute it:
Code: Select all
openkm //US//OpenKM ++JvmOptions="-XX:PermSize=256m"
openkm //US//OpenKM ++JvmOptions="-XX:MaxPermSize=512m"
openkm //US//OpenKM ++JvmOptions="-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC"
openkm //US//OpenKM ++JvmOptions="-Djava.awt.headless=true"
openkm //US//OpenKM ++JvmOptions="-Dlog4j.configuration=file:///%CATALINA_HOME%/conf/log4j.properties"
openkm //US//OpenKM ++JvmOptions="-Dfile.encoding=utf-8"
openkm //US//OpenKM ++JvmOptions="-Dmail.mime.ignoreunknownencoding=true"
Do you have JAVA version 1.8 ? ( in this case the first two rows are not needed, XPermSize )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.