• Service 'openkm' is missing the ImageFile

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44945  by ShaharEldad

Hi all

I am trying to install the community edition.
My OS is Windows 10 pro.
Browser is Chrome version 62.
JDK 1.8
MYSQL server 5.7
OpenKM jar 6.3.4

When I run "java -jar OKMInstaller.jar" I get "Failed installing 'OpenKM' service".
When I run "service.bat install" I get the same.
When I run "openkm.exe" I get "Service 'openkm' is missing the ImageFile" and "Failed to run service as console application".
Also in the bin folder I do not see the tomcat7.exe file and tomcat7w.exe file even though I installed this via openkm installer.

Anyone has any idea?
I attached a screen shot of the console window of the commands output

Thanks
Shahar
Attachments
ScreenShot.jpg
ScreenShot.jpg (259.41 KiB) Viewed 5091 times
 #44953  by ShaharEldad

jllort wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:11 am I think might be some error with installer, try following the steps described here manually:
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... asaservice

Please add the issue here
https://github.com/openkm/document-management-system
I tried this link already:
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... asaservice
But as I said I get an error when runngin "service.bat install"
and I also do not have the file tomcat7.exe (which is also weird bu I used the officail installer from here).

I`ll post it in github
 #44964  by jllort

I think in the latest version we have replaced tomcat7.exe and tomcat7w.exe to openkm.exe and openkmw.exe.
Try the same description is shown in the documentation but changing tomcat for openkm ( meanwhile we will investigate what happens with the installer ).
 #44988  by ShaharEldad

jllort wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:48 pm I think in the latest version we have replaced tomcat7.exe and tomcat7w.exe to openkm.exe and openkmw.exe.
Try the same description is shown in the documentation but changing tomcat for openkm ( meanwhile we will investigate what happens with the installer ).
Hi

I cleared the current installation of the openkm and started new. I managed to install the openkm service all the way to the third party apps (which I skipped at the moment).
I checked the configuration and started the service.
When I try to run the app under http://localhost:8080/OpenKM I get the following:
===================================================================================================
HTTP Status 404 – Not Found

Type Status Report

Message /OpenKM

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

Apache Tomcat/8.5.13
===================================================================================================

Any idea what did I miss?

Thanks
 #44996  by jllort

Is not possible you see in the screen Apache Tomcat/8.5.13 because the installer will try to installing Tomcat 7.0.61. I suspect you have a previous tomcat installed and might be the reason why the application is not starting correctly. Did you have a service named tomcat or OpenKM ( check the path where is pointing ).
 #45002  by ShaharEldad

jllort wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:03 pm Is not possible you see in the screen Apache Tomcat/8.5.13 because the installer will try to installing Tomcat 7.0.61. I suspect you have a previous tomcat installed and might be the reason why the application is not starting correctly. Did you have a service named tomcat or OpenKM ( check the path where is pointing ).
Thank you, now I actually get to the login page.

Last actions done for the record if anyone else needs them:

Now I get this error message on connection to DB
================================================================================================
Class: org.apache.jasper.JasperException
Message: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection
Date: Wed Dec 06 09:18:41 IST 2017
================================================================================================
I tried the answer from this post:
viewtopic.php?t=10536

But it did not work.
One of the steps was to delete folder repositories so I moved it and now I don`t even get above DB message. I just get
This site can’t be reached

localhost refused to connect.
Search Google for localhost 8080 OpenKM log
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
I tried moving back the repositories folder but it didn`t help and I still get the message "The site can`t be reached".

Last I stopped the service, cleared the logs directory, started the service again and refreshed the page so I can post the latest logs here and now I actually get to the login page.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.