• okmAdmin login error (yes another..)

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44729  by mdickerson

New VM, Server 2008r2, 2 processors, 4GB memory
Installed JDK 1.8
java -version reports....
java version "1.8.0_144"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)
Installed MySQL 6.3 ("Server" installation , with all the connectors, options & features)

Installed from the InstallOpenKM..jar file from https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkm ... r/download
selected mySQL from the DB prompt
I can send the log file on request..

Go to http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/Login.jsp
User = okmAdmin
Password = admin

Authentication Error

And NONE of the previous posts about this are relevant to my installation..

Any ideas?
 #44735  by jllort

Check the database looking for tables created and rows into OKM_USERS.
Share with us the catalina.log file, might be the application is loading with some error.
 #45659  by jcropper

I was having trouble logging the okmAdmin account in as well. I tried the suggestions from the various posts on this board, which none corrected. What I found was that the login screen now removes the capital A from okmAdmin and submits it as okmadmin. I would assume the username is case sensitive so it would generate the error. After editing the database and changing the username from 'okmAdmin' to 'okmadmin' I was then able to log in correctly. I don't know if this is an issue only on my machines, but all of them remove the capital A when I click submit. Maybe this will help others who are having issues logging in the administrator account.
 #45673  by jllort

Do you have AD integration, otherwise the issue is that you have enabled the configuration parameter
system.login.lowercase=true

You must change this parameter otherwise from login screen the users will be always forced to lowercase ( this parameters is for using with AD, becase AD is not case sensitive as is OpenKM, and we force all the users to be logged as lowercase ).
 #45725  by jcropper

I do not have AD integration. I didn't realize there was as setting for forcing lower case. Good info to know in the future. Thank you for pointing that out.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.