• Compile sources to war and change it in the folder does not work

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43409  by OpenDev

Hi guys !

I've recently installed the OpenKM bundle (openkm-6.3.2-community-tomcat-bundle.zip) on both linux and windows and everything worked perfectly.

I'm now playing a bit with the code which I downloaded by checking out the svn branch (6.3). I can compile it and my war file is generated so I guess everything went well.

The issue is when I'm trying to replace the old OpenKM.war file (located in tomcat/webapps) by the new generated one, I'm getting a 404 error. (HTTP 404 - /OpenKM/frontend/index.jsp)

I don't know if it's because I've compiled the project in a bad way (I just compiled it by running mvn compile war:war after building and downloading all the dependencies and everything) or if the 6.3 branch is not really the same source code than my original bundle.

Do you have any hint for me ?

Thank you in advance :)

Note : I stopped and started back the catalina.bat script when I changed the war file.
Also, I don't have the "portable openkm development environment", I just built my project with Eclipse. But I don't think it matters.
 #43419  by jllort

Try compiling from command line:
mvn clean package -Dmaven.test.skip=true

Might be the problem is not in war file. Does the war file correctly deployed or you are getting some error while deploying ? in your target/OpenKM the frontend folder is present ? check the contents into your OpenKM.war to verify it has the frontend folder
 #43422  by OpenDev

Hi jllort,

Hoped you would answer to my post ahah.
You were right, my OpenKM folder did not contain the frontend folder. I'm not sure why as the catalina script deployed everything perfectly.

I just had to extract my OpenKM.war to the right folder by hand.

All sorted now, thank you very much :)

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.