Installing to Ubuntu on EC2 with Apache proxy and MySQL

Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules
Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
jase
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Installing to Ubuntu on EC2 with Apache proxy and MySQL

Post by jase » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:34 am

Hi,
I am stuck at "Loading taxonomy - eval browser params" when logging in as okmAdmin after install.
I have tried creating a new instance without Apache and MySQL (vanilla install) and still stuck.
There are no obvious errors in the log files, and I have tried with different computers (IE, EDGE - windows 10, Chrome, Safari - OSX).

Also I am getting a red exclamation triangle instead of the OpenKM logo.

I have also re-downloaded the install files to make sure it wasn't corrupt.

I am installing via cli not X

Thanks
Jase

jllort

Re: Installing to Ubuntu on EC2 with Apache proxy and MySQL

Post by jllort » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:13 pm

I think there's a problem with database ( the creation process should raise some error ). Try to set hibernate.hbdmll=create again to create the database again and take a look at the log ( catalina.log ) for errors while first start up.

jase
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by jase » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:15 pm

Thanks - Here are short snippets of the error / warn lines that I think could be related.

Code: Select all

ERROR net.sf.ehcache.Cache- Unable to set localhost. This prevents creation of a GUID.
and a bunch of these

WARN  net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.AbstractEhcacheRegionFactory- Couldn't find a specific ehcache configuration for cache named XXXX
I assume this means the DB is new (It is)

ERROR com.openkm.core.Config- ** Error reading configuration table **
Then a bunch of INFO's about creating then this

INFO  com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet- *** Activating thesaurus repository ***
WARN  com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet- java.lang.NullPointerException (plus debugging info below)
then an openoffice error (not installed)

WARN  com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet- officeHome must exist ...
then these

WARN  net.xeoh.plugins.base.impl.classpath.loader.FileLoader- Supplied path does not exist. 
WARN  com.openkm.util.ExecutionUtils- Unable to read script: /home/openkm/tomcat/start.bsh
WARN  com.openkm.util.ExecutionUtils- Unable to read jar: /home/openkm/tomcat/start.jar
WARN  com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet- Unable to read sql: /home/openkm/tomcat/start.sql
WARN  org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.server.impl.atompub.CmisAtomPubServlet- CMIS version is not defined! Setting it to CMIS 1.0.
Debug info from java WARN

2017-01-01 22:59:02,533 [localhost-startStop-1] WARN  com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet- 
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.openkm.kea.RDFREpository.<init>(RDFREpository.java:89)
	at com.openkm.kea.RDFREpository.getInstance(RDFREpository.java:104)
	at com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet.start(RepositoryStartupServlet.java:270)
	at com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet.init(RepositoryStartupServlet.java:127)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:158)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1284)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1197)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1087)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5210)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5493)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:632)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1073)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1857)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

jase
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by jase » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:51 pm

Ok seems that the hostname needs to be resolveable.

Added the hostname to the hosts file, deleted and recreated the db.

Its now working. (edit original I typed not - this was a typo)

Thanks