• OpenKM Lucene Index Corruption

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42039  by dwaggon

Not sure if this issue goes here, but wasn't sure where to post this. We have been running OpenKM 6.3 on a RedHat Linux 6.4 machine for sometime now without any issues. Then recently, the OpenKM website became unaccessible. The log file states that _phm.cfs doesn't exist and provides a path, which turns out to be an index for the repository. Sure enough this file doesn't exist. I cannot access the OpenKM website. Is there a way, through commandline to get OpenKM/Lucene to re-index? Can I recover the repository in some way?
I'm not sure how Lucene fits in other than for searching. Is there someway in which I can keep the documents, recover OpenKM and get OpenKM to magically fix itself where it will re-index everything? I don't want to lose the documents/repository, and I need to get OpenKM back up and running. Any help would be much appreciated!
 #42043  by jllort

Can you share here the catalina.log file to see the error with more detail.

1- First of all, make a backup.
2- With OpenKM stopped go to $TOMCAT/repository/ and delete the "index" folder ( do not worry the lucene search index can be build again ).
3- Start OpenKM
4- Go to administration and click on "Rebuild indexes" -> Choose "Lucene indexes" option ( will take some time ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.