• Updating Tomcat & ehcache + change from standard config

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41817  by gwaitsi

Just wanted to share a note in case it can help someone.

I have 6.3.1 community installed on OMV (NAS) box - Debian wheezy based.
I originally installed using the standard packaged tomcat install.
I had previously standard libreoffice 3.3x and tessaract working with doc previews.
I wanted to create a more standard install i.e. moved the logs to var/log/openkm and was having issues with high cpu utilization of openkm.
after trying to solve the high cpu utilization issue, i concluded i needed at least tomcat 7.0.63 to get a new parameter.

here is what i upgrade;
LibreOffice 4.4.x - with backports
MySQL 5.5.49
Tomcat 7.0.69
Tomcat Native 1.1.34
hyperic-sigar-1.6.4
javax.mail-1.5.5
mysql-connector-java-5.1.39-bin
java version "1.7.0_101"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.6) (7u101-2.6.6-2~deb7u1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.95-b01, mixed mode)

After doing all of the above updates, i was receiving a jodconverter error with bad links and couldn't preview office docs
After removing the openkm.war file and upgrading ehcache to ehcache-core-2.4.8 the jodconverter was working again

The only issue i have now is, my log is still full of the warning below.
Code: Select all
WARN  net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.AbstractEhcacheRegionFactory- Couldn't find a specific ehcache configuration for cache named [org.hibernate.cache.StandardQueryCache]; using defaults.
and i am also getting two logs, which seem duplicates
catalina.out - none rotated
catalina.log - rotated

otherwise, all is good
 #41841  by gwaitsi

Hi jllort,

i tried MaxSpareThreads based on the this to get my cpu down.
http://www.coderanch.com/t/86515/Tomcat ... -cpu-usage

i got the message, this was only from 7.0.63 onwards, which is what triggered me to move the /usr/share/openkm from local and to move the logs to /var/log/openkm. in the process, i decided to try also updating to the tomcat.

I have just checked my config, and don't have the maxsparethreads in there.
But i don't have the cpu issues any more and my system is working the best it ever has. So i can't be sure which one of these it was that solved the root
Tomcat 7.0.69
Tomcat Native 1.1.34
hyperic-sigar-1.6.4
but i can say, i spent over a day trying to get libreoffice preview working again after upgrading and as soon as i updated to
ehcache-core-2.4.8 it was working again.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.