• Restoring datastore filesystem to DB

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41760  by Jahangir

Hi,
I want to move files stored on file system (datastore) to newly configured postgres db. Is there any way i can import datastore to postgres db.

Regards,
Jahangir
 #41770  by jllort

First of all I must encourage do not doing it. Is not a good idea save binary information into database, will dramatically increase and will be really hard doing backups on it. Is always better backup small database and make incremental backup from filesystem. Secondly, you will get less perfomance, for downloading a file, now, from database will be created temp file and then created and stream to retrieve it. If the document is yet in the file system, the temp file is not created, directly is used for retrieving.
Finally for doing it, you should export and import entire repository.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.