• Installation Success but I cant start the OpenKM

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41667  by asydos

Hello ,
I am quite new to OpenKM.
I am on a network and I had 1 PC running on win 7 x64 and one Server running Windows Server 2003 RC2 , installed with OpenKM 6.3.1 both of them .
All the installation auto procedure are ok without any error or fault , but cant found the OpenKM no where on any browser typing http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/ and the resault of this is , "This site can’t be reached ,localhost refused to connect."

Any Ideas?

Thanks Asydos
 #41681  by jllort

Open a command line and go to $TOMCAT/bin folder
Then execute the command: catalina.bat run

Sure should be there some error, ( open catalina.log files ) and share the file in this post.
 #41762  by pentjopet

Hello,

I am having the same problem. OpenKM 6.3.1 on Windows 8 64 bit.

I have tried the following:

1. Double click "Start OpenKM" shortcut on the desktop. The command prompt appears briefly twice but the server don't start.

2. Open a command prompt with Run As Administrator and run %INSTALLATION_DIR%\tomcat\bin\startup.bat. Another command prompt window appears briefly, and the main command prompt windows displays this:
Code: Select all
Using CATALINA_BASE:   "E:\openkm\tomcat"
Using CATALINA_HOME:   "E:\openkm\tomcat"
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: "E:\openkm\tomcat\temp"
Using JRE_HOME:        "E:\openkm\java"
Using CLASSPATH:       "E:\openkm\tomcat\bin\bootstrap.jar;E:\openkm\tomcat\bin\
tomcat-juli.jar"
3. Open a command prompt with Run As Administrator and run %INSTALLATION_DIR%\tomcat\bin\catalina.bat start. The result is the same as the previous

4. Open a command prompt with Run As Administrator and run %INSTALLATION_DIR%\tomcat\bin\catalina.bat run. The result gives more information:
Code: Select all
Using CATALINA_BASE:   "E:\openkm\tomcat"
Using CATALINA_HOME:   "E:\openkm\tomcat"
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: "E:\openkm\tomcat\temp"
Using JRE_HOME:        "E:\openkm\java"
Using CLASSPATH:       "E:\openkm\tomcat\bin\bootstrap.jar;E:\openkm\tomcat\bin\
tomcat-juli.jar"
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
5. Double clicking "openkm-launcher.exe" in the installation folder. Nothing seems to happen.

All the 5 methods above doesn't produce any log files. The folder %INSTALLATION_DIR%\tomcat\logs is empty.

What should I try next?
 #41781  by ofstab

Good to hear!

You might well be better off with 64bit Java which also fixes the problem, so give that a go as well. Also if it gets clunky later you will have to tweak setenv.bat again to add the Permsize parameters.

Enjoy!
 #41789  by jllort

As osftab indicates the problem is that OpenKM comes with jdk 32 bits ( depending your OS is a problem ). We suggest installing JDK 1.7 ( 64 bits ) and then modify setenv.bat ( to be sure point to your 64 bits JDK ). Also you can try with JDK 1.8 ( I'm not totally sure if latest version goes right on this version, depends on the tomcat bundle included ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.