• browser has no java support

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41530  by gwaitsi

so,
firefox 45 and chrome since 32+ don't support java anymore.
uploader and scanner don't work.

Is there some plan to replace these technologies?
 #41532  by jllort

Yes there is a plan to replace applets, but the only browser who really has removed java is chrome. I have firefox 45 and java support is still present.
 #41534  by gwaitsi

hi jllort,

i just upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - dev as the release is due this month, and the firefox 45 included doesn't appear to support.

cheers
 #41574  by gwaitsi

Hi jllort,

I don't know about the plans, but i can tell you i am using Ubuntu 16.04 with Firefox 45.0.1 and since the upgrade, it no longer works.
It's quite a problem because now, neither the uploader or scanner work.

For me personally, it is the uploader that is the problem. i do all my uploads in bulk. :-(

Will try my windows box later, but i don't use it much

Cheers
 #41589  by jllort

I'm in ubuntu too, but with more older version. Which jdk version do you have installed ?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.