• Move 6.3 to New Server

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41388  by ChrisW

I'm hitting a wall and need some help. I need to move my OpenKM instance to a new server. It is working great on the old server but I'm having difficulty getting it running on the new server. My guess is I have missed a dependency but can't find it. Here are the particulars:

Old Server
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
OpenKM 6.3
MySql

New Server
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
OpenKM 6.3
MySql

I moved the MySql database and everything under /opt/openkm (my installation directory). Also moved the Apache conf because we have it configured for SSL along with enabling the headers, proxy, proxy_ajp, proxy_http, and rewrite modules. I installed the Tomcat and Java components.

When I try to launch on the new server, I get a 503 Service Unavailable error (The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.).

The Apache error log shows:
Code: Select all
[proxy_ajp:error] [pid 2477] [client xx.xx.xx.xx:54087] AH00992: ajp_read_header: ajp_ilink_receive failed
[proxy_ajp:error] [pid 2477] (120006)APR does not understand this error code: [client xx.xx.xx.xx:54087] AH00878: read response failed from 127.0.0.1:8009 (127.0.0.1)
What did I miss? I have a feeling it is something simple but I can't put my finger on it.
Thanks
 #41410  by ChrisW

UPDATE

Was still trying to figure out why it would not launch. I installed Tomcat7 using the Ubuntu distro, launched it, stopped it, removed it. Once I stopped and started the Tomcat installation included with OpenKM, it started working. There must have been something missing somewhere in the filesystem. Unfortunately, I am unable to identify it so it will be of little help for others who run into the same problem.

Still have some residual errors but at least it's running.

Happy Trails
 #41421  by jllort

OpenKM bundle comes with several tomcat files modified. At least you should take a look at:
Code: Select all
$TOMCAT_HOME/OpenMM.cfg
$TOMCAT_HOME/OpenKM.xml
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/log4j.properties
$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/ several files into
$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/sigar ( entire folder )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.