• OpenKM won't start

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #40276  by Riso

Hi

I installed OpenKM community edition with installer package and started openkm-launcher.exe which just don't seems to do anything. I didn't install anything other stuff since I understood that installation package include everything needed. With debugger I can see that process just returns almost immediadly return code 1. There are no logs appearing to tomcat/logs and there is no related stuff in windows event viewer.

How to troubleshoot this problem?
 #40282  by jllort

- Open a console
- go to your $TOMCAT_HMOE/bin
- execute the command: catalina.bat run

Have your openkm installation path some white space ( it could be a problem on it ).
 #40307  by Riso

Thanks from response. Problem was related to memory reservation:
Code: Select all
enkm-6.3.0-community\tomcat\bin\tomcat-juli.jar"
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
Its still intresting since I have 8Gb memory and just ~3-4 used and system is of course x64. In any case when I changed -Xmx1256m to -Xmx512m OpenKM (from $tomcat/bin/setenv.bat) started succesfully.
 #40312  by jllort

Install JDK 1.7 x64 ( actual url is http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/es/ja ... 80260.html )
Then edit setenv.bat and change the JAVA_HOME with your newer ( the idea is not use the jdk what comes with installation, it's 32 bits and could be some problem with this in your OS ). Also increase the value of maxPermSize to 512mb
Tell us if that solved the problem ?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.