• Multiple versions of OpenKM

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #39987  by Perrin

Hi,

I know it is not the best practice but due to Management and security issues I need to have two separate installations of OpenKM on the same server. My OS is CentOS 6.4. I currently have a working installation v6.2.5 build: 8109 located at /opt/openkm-6.2.5-community/.

I have used the openkm-6.2.5-community-linux-x64-installer.run to install another copy of openkm to /opt/openkmsec/. I have set it up to run on a different database.

I have apache running as the entry point and I have it set up with virtualhosts to proxy /OpenKM and /Sec to the ajp ports on the tomcat installations. Each openkm has its own copy of tomcat running.

I am going to use a placeholder IP address however I have got it to the point that going to 192.168.0.10/OpenKM will take me to my old installation. I am able to log in and everything looks normal.

Going to 192.168.0.10/Sec takes me to the "If you're seeing this, you've successfully installed Tomcat. Congratulations!" screen. Going to 192.168.0.10/Sec/OpenKM/login.js takes me to the login screen for the new installation. However when I put in the default okmAdmin/admin it seems to load for a little while and then redirects me to 192.168.0.10/OpenKM (the old installation).

I can't figure out if the problem is apache, tomcat or OpenKM itself. Is anybody able to help out with the issue or at least point me in the direction of the problem?

Thanks
 #40002  by jllort

This is not the way to configure apache, I recommend to use subdoamin like old.domain1.com/OpenKM and new.domain1.com
 #40018  by Perrin

Hi jllort,

Thanks for your reply.

I am unable to use subdomains as I am accessing these hosts by IP address. There are no DNS entries to allow us to use subdomains.

Are you saying that if I had it set up as openkm.domain1.com and sec.domain1.com that my new openkm install would actually log in?
 #40032  by jllort

Yes with two subdomains will be possible without problems, because each one will be a virtual host. The problem using the same ip is that OpenKM context should not be changed and you'll not be able on the same ip to get two distinct /OpenKM on same ip, you only can get one ip/OpenKM

If you do not have a DNS service, you could easily configure your hosts file with
Code: Select all
ip_number one.domain.com two.domain.com

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.