• Questions about Pro

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #39353  by aac

I have been trying to trial the Professional product for the company I work for who are after a DMS product to replace various shared drives as well as archiving off mail from Microsoft Exchange.
Emails go unresponded so I thought I would ask here several points.

For the mail archiver, is there a trial available? We ideally would like something that can add a mailbox and permission it for that user correctly. I am aware this might need to be done per user/mailbox. The ideal solution would be for the archiver to look at the journal (or a clone of it) and permission items based on the 'From/To/CC/BCC' fields.

Can OpenKM be clustered or at least run with a hot (not in use) backup under the single licence?

Finally, is there much advantage of running fast disks? e.g SSD or at least a dual drive setup (SSD with HDD) over standard SATA HDDs.

Thanks
 #39366  by jllort

My suggestion is you talk with our marketing and sales guys and can give you an application yet installed and configured for some weeks and do there your test.

OpenKM can be configured with a mirror OpenKM was that your question ? Also as a cluster but this case, I think, has more sense for a huge repositories, I do not know what is your case and I is quite difficult what will be better for you. If you give us more information, about the use, the number of files, users etc... can help you better on it.

About SSD etc... obviously a DMS take advantage I/O ( all depends on your scenario, you will take more or less advantage ) and also the database. With SSD should going fastly, but understanding better your numbers ( users, documents, the use ) can give you some suggestion about the hardware specifiaction.
 #39396  by aac

The biggest problem I am facing is no response to my emails. We are looking to spend a few thousand Euros with your company. Do you not want the custom?
 #39397  by jllort

Send to me a private message with the mail you've used to contact with us and I will looking what has happened ? did you look into your spam folder ? did you use a valid mail address ?
 #39412  by aac

I am now in communications via email. Thanks jllort :)

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.