• Migrate from 3.0RC1 to 3.0RC2 Community

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #1410  by Strato

Hy,

I have trouble migrating from 3.0RC1 to 3.0RC2.

I\'ve followed the steps explained in a post for migration a v2.0 , but maybe something has changed with 3.0, because after migrating, I am not able to connect to OpenKM.

I have backed up those files/folders but this seems to be not suffisant:

(all are in $BOSS_HOME)

repository/*
server/default/conf/props/*
server/all/deploy/mail-service.xml
OpenKM.cfg

Can anybody help me ?

Thanks
 #1411  by jllort

You need to copy from 3.0RC1 go 3.0RC2
/repository/*
OpenKM.cfg
mail-service.xml

and
/server/default/data/hypersonic/OKM*

After copy, run firstime OpenKM 3.0Rc2 server
 #1414  by Strato

Thanks !

it worked, now I can login again :)

I have one question and one problem:

Question: how does indexing of .doc files work ? is it a background process that jboss runs at a defined period of time, or it is run at each file upload ?

I ask because I upgrated to RC2 to have this functionality working, but seems not to work with the files currently present on my repository.

I hope there is a better solution than Check in and Check out evry file !

my problem: I have one document that was strangely checked in by \"null\", so openkm show that the file is check in, but I cannot do anything to \"unlock\" the file. I can only download the file, it is not possible to upload it again, or check out a new version.

This is a big problem for me, because I can\'t see how to solve this problem.

Hope someone will help me :)

Thanks a lot guys, openkm is a very nice app !

Strato
 #1419  by pavila

If you want to re-index your documents, try to stop JBoss, delete the $JBOSS_HOME/repository/workspaces/default/index folder and start JBoss again. And make a backup first!
 #1422  by Strato

Hi,

I\'ve tried to remove the index folder, but this has failed.

After openkm startup, I have again the index folder, with only a redo.log file (empty).

I tried to login into openkm and I got a page with only this strange message: org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.getRoot()Lorg/apache/poi/poifs/filesystem/DirectoryEntry;

I don\'t know what this does, but the trick doesn\'t at all.

any other idea ?

Thanks for your help :)
 #1424  by pavila

I have deleted this folder and it is re-created on JBoss startup and OpenKM works fine. I don\'t understand why fails on your server.
 #1425  by jllort

Have you deleted this directory when OpenKM was shutdown and after it you\'ve startup server ?
 #1427  by Strato

Hi,

I have stopped jboss before removing the \"indexes\" folder, then I had restarted openkm.

openkm seems to launch successfuly, except that when I enter any login/password, I got the strange error I already posted.

I had tried again, and I can see this in the \"console log\" after first attempt to log into openkm:

17:54:04,087 INFO [RepositoryImpl] Starting repository...
17:54:04,089 INFO [LocalFileSystem] LocalFileSystem initialized at path /opt/OpenKM_3.0RC2/repository/repository
17:54:04,183 INFO [LocalFileSystem] LocalFileSystem initialized at path /opt/OpenKM_3.0RC2/repository/version
17:54:04,285 INFO [ConnectionRecoveryManager] Database: Apache Derby / 10.2.1.6 - (452058)
17:54:04,285 INFO [ConnectionRecoveryManager] Driver: Apache Derby Embedded JDBC Driver / 10.2.1.6 - (452058)
17:54:04,542 INFO [RepositoryImpl] initializing workspace \'default\'...
17:54:04,543 INFO [LocalFileSystem] LocalFileSystem initialized at path /opt/OpenKM_3.0RC2/repository/workspaces/default
17:54:04,570 INFO [ConnectionRecoveryManager] Database: Apache Derby / 10.2.1.6 - (452058)
17:54:04,571 INFO [ConnectionRecoveryManager] Driver: Apache Derby Embedded JDBC Driver / 10.2.1.6 - (452058)
17:54:05,259 INFO [RepositoryImpl] workspace \'default\' initialized
17:54:05,271 INFO [LocalFileSystem] LocalFileSystem initialized at path /opt/OpenKM_3.0RC2/repository/workspaces/default/index
17:54:05,369 INFO [RepositoryImpl] Shutting down repository...
17:54:05,369 INFO [RepositoryImpl] shutting down workspace \'default\'...
17:54:05,370 INFO [ObservationDispatcher] Notification of EventListeners stopped.
17:54:05,401 INFO [DerbyPersistenceManager] Database \'/opt/OpenKM_3.0RC2/repository/workspaces/default/db\' shutdown.
17:54:05,401 INFO [RepositoryImpl] workspace \'default\' has been shutdown
17:54:05,414 INFO [DerbyPersistenceManager] Database \'/opt/OpenKM_3.0RC2/repository/version/db\' shutdown.
17:54:05,416 INFO [RepositoryImpl] Repository has been shutdown

I think something goes wrong, but I\'m not skilled in jboss....

Thanks
 #1435  by pavila

Perhaps is a permissions problem because OpenKM can\'t create su folder again?
 #1438  by Strato

Hi,
Have you deleted this directory when OpenKM was shutdown and after it you\'ve startup server ?
I\'m not sure to understand what you expected to do.

I think I have to:
- shutdown openkm
- rm -r $JBOSS_HOME/repository/workspaces/default/index
- start openkm

is that right ?
Perhaps is a permissions problem because OpenKM can\'t create su folder again?
I run openkm as root user, and openkm recreates this file at startup, but nothing else:
$JBOSS_HOME/repository/workspaces/default/index/redo.log (it is an empty log file)

Thanks for your help.
 #1444  by Strato

Hi,

I tried not to remove the entire \"index\" folder, but only the sub-folders, and emptying the file \"indexes\".

After trying to login into openkm, I got on the web page the simple error \"null\".

In the log file, I got many messages that the repository is shutdown, and between the INFO and ERROR lines, some kind of debug of numerous lines of java \"class\" (?).

any other idea ?

Thanks

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.