• Migrating from 6.2.5 to 6.3

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #29816  by vincentk222

Hi
I have 6.2.5 community edition running on Ubuntu 12.05LTS 64 bits
I tried to migrate this version to 6.3 community edition

I just found a procedure to migrate from 6.2.6 to 6.3: http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Migrat ... 2.6_to_6.3
Is this working for 6.2.5 too?

I follewed the instruction:

Make a backup!!!
Stop Tomcat OK
Edit OpenKM.cfg and set hibernate.hbm2ddl to update OK
Replace the OpenKM.war OK
Go to Administration > Crontab and delete "User Items Serialize" and "Refresh User Items" tasks. NOK because OpenKM is stopped (Tomcat stopped)

Run from your preferred SQL client these queries: OK
ALTER TABLE OKM_MIME_TYPE ADD COLUMN MT_SEARCH CHAR(1);
UPDATE OKM_MIME_TYPE SET MT_SEARCH='T';
ALTER TABLE OKM_MIME_TYPE MODIFY COLUMN MT_SEARCH CHAR(1) NOT NULL;

When I restart Tomcat, I still have OpenKM 6.2.5
I stop Tomcat again and remove
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/OpenKM
$TOMCAT_HOME/work/Catalina/localhost
and restart

At OpenKM login I get this error message : OKM-012024 (GetRootFolder):Database error

Last thing I forgot to mention is that openkm 6.2.5 is mapped to our AD
 #29834  by jllort

The error indicate "path not found" ?
Could you post stack trace error in catalina.log ?
My first impression is that you got security problem, quite strange, because from 6.2 to 6.3 I do not remember any change on LDAP integration. I suggest switch to database authetnication for a while, is a good way to check if this is the problem.
 #40598  by sl0m0

I had exactly the same issue and solved it by doing the following:

1. Stop Tomcat
2. Edit OpenKM.cfg and set hibernate.hbm2ddl to update (again)
3. Restart MySQL database server
4. Start Tomcat

It should now be working.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.