• Error after logging in for the first time: Taxonomy error

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #29074  by jllort

I suggest add in your hosts file the servername ip resolution
your ip LT-LNX-03

Because seems the server is not able to resolve into ip your server name ( probably bad networking configuration in some place )
 #31175  by meister043

Terribly sorry for bringing up an old topic.

I stumbled upon the same error, it exactly stopped on loading the taxonomy.
I have tried the steps mentioned before (stopped the tomcat, deleted the logs, and so on) , it solved nothing.

For your information, here are the details
LSB Version: :base-4.0-amd64:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch:graphics-4.0-amd64:graphics-4.0-noarch:printing-4.0-amd64:printing-4.0-noarch
Distributor ID: CentOS
Description: CentOS release 6.5 (Final)
Release: 6.5
Codename: Final

java version "1.8.0_31"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_31-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.31-b07, mixed mode)

I used the latest version of OpenKM, which is 6.3.0 community version. The hostname is properly set, so the hostname shouldn't be an issue here.

Any insights on this would be very appreciated.
Attachments
The logs
(30.64 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
 #31206  by jllort

I continue thinking the same, when I've seen this kind of error in other computer, always has been caused by miss or wrong network configuration. Seems openkm.petrogres.local is not resolving correctly can you add in your /etc/hosts
Code: Select all
127.0.0.1 openkm.petrogres.local
if not goes right try to change /conf/server.xml
<Connector address="0.0.0.0" connectionTimeout="20000" port="8180" protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443"/>
or
<Connector address="your_ip_here" connectionTimeout="20000" port="8180" protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443"/>
Note-> the latest two changes needs openkm restarting
 #38577  by srf68

srf68 wrote:I have the same problem and my config is Centos 6.5 runing on a VM (VMware). and openjdk jre u65-b17.
No one of the solutions worked for me.
Finally i found out what is the problem. In com.openkm.core.Config.java class and in line:920 it returns an UnknownHostException that cause we have an "Error reading configuration table" error in start openkm and in catalina.log file. I set the application.url to my own application url in OpenKM.cfg and any thing ok now. :)
 #39073  by jllort

The UnknownHostException is caused because application try to connect to openkm.com to retrieve OpenKM latest version and suggest on user UI the upgrade when needed.
 #39104  by srf68

jllort wrote:The UnknownHostException is caused because application try to connect to openkm.com to retrieve OpenKM latest version and suggest on user UI the upgrade when needed.
I don't think so. I get UnknownHostException when it's trying to guess default application URL as the comment at line:910 said it:
// Guess default application URL
			String defaultApplicationUrl = cfg.getProperty(PROPERTY_APPLICATION_URL);

if (defaultApplicationUrl == null || defaultApplicationUrl.isEmpty()) {
				String hostName = InetAddress.getLocalHost().getCanonicalHostName();
				defaultApplicationUrl = "http://" + hostName + "/" + Config.CONTEXT + "/index.jsp";
			}
When the PROPERTY_APPLICATION_URL is not set the if statement condition is true and it's trying to get application URL by
InetAddress.getLocalHost().getCanonicalHostName();
and here we have an UnknownHostException exception.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.