• not able to open OpenKM software

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #28380  by pavila

The more verbose and more details you provide, the better would be the community support.
 #39971  by Wraith

Hey Moderators/Developers,

I'm also suffering from the "javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection" error.
Full message from Firefox 38.0.5:
Code: Select all
Application error
Class: 	org.apache.jasper.JasperException
Message: 	javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection
Date: 	Mon Jun 22 19:51:32 AWST 2015
I've attached a copy of the catalina.log file fyi.

Please let me know if you need any other info to assist in resolving this issue [and I can get into OpenKM again! :)]

OpenKM Version: Community v6.3.0
 #39976  by jllort

I think you've forgot to attach the catalina.log file ( please with openkm stopped, remove catalina.log file, start and when error will happening again, zip the catalina.log file an attach here ).
 #39984  by Wraith

I tried to upload the attachment and I get a yellow triangle "error" informing me that

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

Compressed log file has been uploaded to: http://1drv.ms/1LD8H9y
Let me know once you've got the file and I will remove from OneDrive.
 #39997  by jllort

I suspect the cause of the problem, application can not get connection to the database, you have several error into the log file:
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.)
	at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1549)
	at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1388)
	at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:1044)
	at org.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider.getConnection(DatasourceConnectionProvider.java:92)
	at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:113)
	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettingsInternal(Configuration.java:2863)
	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2859)
	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1870)
	at com.openkm.dao.HibernateUtil.getSessionFactory(HibernateUtil.java:180)
	at com.openkm.dao.HibernateUtil.getSessionFactory(HibernateUtil.java:91)
	at com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet.init(RepositoryStartupServlet.java:100)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:158)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1284)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1197)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1087)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5210)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5493)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:632)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1073)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1857)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
	at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
Check your server.xml configuration, your mysql is up and you can get connection from the server.
 #40010  by Wraith

Hi jllort,

You were correct about checking server.xml. My server's IP address changed and wasn't aware of it. I've been able to get OpenKM working again :) Thanks!

I have uploaded a screenshot to http://snag.gy/qzyGl.jpg
 #40016  by jllort

We will investigate the problem you have to upload files in the forum.
 #40289  by Wraith

Hi pavila,

Apologies for the delay in noticing & responding your response/request.
I've reattempted to upload the Catalina.ZIP file; this time with success! Should be attached :)

The key issue has been resolved and I'm presuming the file is being uploaded just as a test

Regards
Attachments
(9.64 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
 #40295  by jllort

Seems you're getting problems connecting with database, see:
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
- check is mysql is up
- try to connect from the same openkm server using the credential at server.xml
- ensure you have not firewalled the connection or similar.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.