• Trying to install OpenKM with SQL Server

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #26221  by Shakes

Hi all,

Trying to install OpenKM with SQL Server 2008 r2, I've been through all the necessary steps to achieve this provided by the following link: http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/SQL_Se ... OpenKM_6.2. Please check the screenshot of the error message when trying to run OpenKM.

I have modified server.xml to point to my Database
Code: Select all
<Resource name="jdbc/OpenKMDS" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
          maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000" validationQuery="select 1"
          username="okm" password="<my pswd here" driverClassName="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"
          url="jdbc:sqlserver://<MyServerHere>;databaseName=okm_repo"/>

Thanks

Dan
Attachments
image002.jpg
image002.jpg (15.72 KiB) Viewed 5414 times
 #26222  by michaeled

Did you try to login to the sql server from the OpenKM server in command line with the same information?

Look at the catalina log and the access log of the sql server

Michael
 #26227  by Shakes

michaeled wrote:Did you try to login to the sql server from the OpenKM server in command line with the same information?

Look at the catalina log and the access log of the sql server

Michael
I haven't no, how would login to sql server via the openKM server?

Many thanks
 #26229  by Shakes

michaeled wrote:I use mysql client to connect to mysql server in command line. For sql server there is an ODBC driver for linux, look at here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1493 ... from-linux
I have downloaded SQLCMD, do I test the following:
 url="jdbc:sqlserver://<myserver>:1433;databaseName=okm_repo"/>
Michael, thanks for your help.

Dan
 #26231  by Shakes

2013-11-13 10:44:40,280 [pool-2-thread-1] ERROR org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver'
2013-11-13 10:44:40,285 [pool-2-thread-1] ERROR com.openkm.core.Config - ** Error reading configuration table **
2013-11-13 10:44:40,288 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO  com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet - *** Repository initializing... ***
2013-11-13 10:44:40,340 [pool-2-thread-1] WARN  org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - SQL Error: 0, SQLState: null
2013-11-13 10:44:40,341 [pool-2-thread-1] ERROR org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver'
2013-11-13 10:44:40,342 [pool-2-thread-1] ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/OpenKM] - Servlet /OpenKM threw load() exception
Manage to find the logs, Cannot load JDBC driver class, I've placed the sqljdbc_4.0.2206.100_enu.exe within the tomcat\lib folder. Is this the correct way?
 #26251  by jllort

Seems you've solved. I will change okm_repo database name from wiki, now we're using okmdb name.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.