• installation problem on OpenKM2.0 on Linux

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #1083  by ericho

Hi there,

I have been using OpenKM1.2 without problem. I downloaded the OpenKM 2.0 in .zip format (I assume that it is also works for linux version), uncompress it, put it under /opt/OpenKM on my fedora 6 with Java 1.6.0_07, run the run.sh script, it shows no errors and looks OK. However, doing a http:/localhost:8080/OpenKM only shows a blank screen. Can somebody kindly give me some hints on anything I have missed?

#1084  by pavila

If the log show no error, I don\'t imagine why it fails. OpenKM runs very nice in Linux (Ubuntu for example)
 #1085  by ericho

Pavila,

Thanks a lot for prompt reply.

May be I should explain my case clearer. I am actually trying to upgrade my OpenKM from v1.2 to v2, on the same Java 1.6_07. I have just replaced everything under /opt/OpenKM (which containes a working V1.2) with everything from the uncompressed V2.0. I have doubled checked all path or directory points to the corrent directory etc. Wonder if this is corrent way for the upgrade or are their better ones. My repository in v1.2 are test data for the time being, so data migration is not necessary yet. In fact, I see that you have a very good documentation on data migration. Your help is greatly appreciated.

#1089  by pavila

I you don\'t want to preserve old repository, make a clean install of the new OpenKM version.
 #1090  by ericho

Pavila,

In fact I thought I did, I unzipped the zipped (.zip) version 2.0 and put them under /Opt/OpenKM (as the openkm web site did not have the .gz version). Is it the right way to do it?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.