• Compiling openKM source code is very time consuming

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46337  by mamad

Hi guys,
I'm new to Openkm development.
Currently i'm using eclipse in Linux (mint virtual machine(ova) with vmware) for developing and extending openKm
Problem is that every time i make even little changes in source code, i have to recompile openKM and openKM GWT and also i have to restart tomcat server to see changes
This process takes between 1-3 minutes(compiling openKM GWT takes most of time) and its very time consuming and makes me tired.
Is there any way to reduce this time ???
 #46339  by lnovoa

Hi!,

For a modification of the code for example in the core of openkm you must compile OpenKM,
but if you make a modification in the GWT frontend, you only have to compile GWT,
you do not have to do the two types of compilations.
 #46350  by mamad

Hi and thanks for your Reply
lnovoa wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:56 am Hi!,

For a modification of the code for example in the core of openkm you must compile OpenKM,
but if you make a modification in the GWT frontend, you only have to compile GWT,
you do not have to do the two types of compilations.
Are you sure about it ? because every time i change one of java files , for example Helloworld.java (that extends TabDocumentExtension) , i have to recompile OpenKM GWT and there will be no changes in output until I recompile OpenKM GWT
 #46351  by mamad

jllort wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:08 am Also I suggest enable only a permutation for a single browser what will reduce the number of core used in your computer
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ermutation
Hi and thanks you too for your reply
When i try to open the specified link in your comment, i face with a login page that wants me an Application UUID and an Authorized email.
what are these fields ?
 #46358  by lnovoa

Hi mamad!,

I think that you have not understood me.
If you make a change in the fronted you simply have to run the openkm gwt (the HelloWord.java class is in the frontend).
If you want to compile the complete project, run the openkm and make sure you have the
OpenKM -> Goals: clean package or clean package install

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.