Eval Browser Params

Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules
Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
Post Reply
juansta
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:43 am

Eval Browser Params

Post by juansta » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:53 am

Im having issues with OpenKM 6.3.2

It has been working as expected for a number of months now... So much so that we've become reliant on the data it stores... We did try and add new functionality to our system by including emails in the taxonomy, but this was too clunky and we decided against that in the end.

Here is the current catalina.log showing a NULL pointer exception during startup... But I dont know why...

Code: Select all

java version "1.8.0_121"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)

Code: Select all

Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u2 (2016-10-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux
I've been trying to think what could have caused this issue, and here are the changes that we have recently made on OpenKM;
  • We have removed an email account from a user (removed IMAP configuration etc)
  • We have tried to make changes to OpenOffice configuration (to sort out previews, with no luck)
I think (?) the issue arose when I made the change to the openoffice variables, and restarted the server to make it take effect. It hasn't come back since... Or the corruption happened a long time ago, and went un noticed as we have never had to restart the service...

I followed the wiki and simply set a single parameter for the system.openoffice.path, and left nothing for port and tasks. (see here). Could this be the issue? How can I edit HSQLDB outside of OpenKM?

I would like to migrate out of HSQLDB, and into MySQL, but I cant get to the data to export it at all now!

Please help!

Thanks,
Juan

jllort
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9380
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Sineu - ( Illes Balears ) - Spain
Contact:

Re: Eval Browser Params

Post by jllort » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:06 am

What OpenKM version are you using ?
Did you configured a thesarus or enabled parameter for it ?

juansta
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:43 am

Re: Eval Browser Params

Post by juansta » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:03 pm

jllort wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:06 am
What OpenKM version are you using ?

Code: Select all

2017-04-07 14:21:25,627 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO  com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet- *** Application version: 6.3.2 (build: 8289) ***
jllort wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:06 am
Did you configured a thesarus or enabled parameter for it ?
No.

Recently I have managed to get the system up and running from a backup...

I wanted to export the repository (using admin tools), and then re-import into a newly configured instance running MySQL backend... However, there is a single folder in the repository that cant be accessed, so far, maybe there are more... This is a legacy imported folder (from 2010) and I still have access to our previous system for importing... Is there a way to forcefully remove from the repository such that exporting can continue?

juansta
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:43 am

Re: Eval Browser Params

Post by juansta » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:51 am

OK...

So I've managed to carry out a full export (excluding the problematic folder) by removing the entry found in the okmdb.script file...

This has allowed me to export the entire taxonomy, and import it into a fresh 6.3.3 installation... Crisis kinda averted, lost a days of data... But at least all the edited documents can still be found in respective editing PCs... And things are 'fresh' enough in employees heads that they know what needs updating...

I am now trying to import all our users... I have exported from the old repository, and into the new, but it seems as though the password fields are compatible between the two installations... I can work around this by making everyone change their passwords on the next login...

In between updates, I noticed that in order for the new 6.3.3 instance to work as expected, I had to delete `work\Catalina\localhost`. If this isnt done, the administrative interface doesnt seem to work (possible caching issue)

But everything seems to be working as expected... I may run more tests on the actual repository before going live again...

Thanks for your help and pointers...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest