• OpenKM Configuration

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #11302  by Hedwig

Hi,
as many others before I'm trying to get the preview working :D Two questions:

- what makes the difference beween editing the OpenKM.cfg File and editing the Administrtion/Configuration fields? At least some fields seem to be identical. Where do I have to make the changes?
- Im using debian sqeeze with OpenKM 5.1.5 and all installations passed without errors. In the OpenKM Server error-log there is no error, but preview docx, xlsx, pdf is not working. Do I have to edit more than system.openoffice.path (/usr/bin/openoffice)? In version 5.1.5 I do not need to set the system.openoffice=on, right? When I search in the server-log for openoffice, I dont get a hit. Any idea?

Thx

Hedwig
 #11324  by jllort

In version 5.1.x all properties are stored in dbms except DBMS related config, of course.
In first time executing OpenKM, the openkm.cfg properties are stored to dbms after it you can delete all excepts which two which are related to DBMS.
Take a look on DBMS information about configuring openoffice service ( that need restarting jboss server althougt properties are stored in dbms ).
First try to convert a document to pdf
And take a look at server.log if openoffice service is right started
 #11388  by Hedwig

Sorry for being late in responding to your answer.

Your answer was very helpfull, nearly everything is working right now, exept some mail-configuration problems.

We are using mail ID's (exchange environment) wich allow Space-seperated Names e.g. John Doe. When I try to configure the IMAP-settings I get an error about invalid IDs, that happens only with Space seperated IDs, Ids without space are working well. So I tried several alternatives ("John Doe", 'John Doe', John%20Doe, JohnDoe, John.Doe, the alias name in Exchange, etc.) nothing worked.

Any idea how to configure IMAP in that paticular environment?

Thx in advance

Hedwig
 #11401  by jllort

For the mail question please start other post ( you want to use imap users to upload documents .. why you want to use it ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.