• LDAP User/Group Errors

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #9772  by tomsilby

I have searched the forum, but cannot find an answer to my problem. I configured LDAP according to the wiki and authentication work perfectly. However, when I go to the Administration tab and click users I get errors in the log. The users are listed, but if I click on a group to view just the group's members, I get no results. Here is my OpenKM.cfg and the errors from the log:

OpenKM.cfg
Code: Select all
principal.adapter=com.openkm.principal.LdapPrincipalAdapter
principal.ldap.server=ldap://ldap.myDomain.net
principal.ldap.security.principal=CN=SvcUser,OU=Service Accounts,DC=myDomain,DC=local
principal.ldap.security.credentials=svcPassword
principal.ldap.user.search.base=ou=users, dc=myDomain,dc=local
principal.ldap.user.search.filter=(&(objectclass=user)(memberOf=CN=OpenKM DEV Users,OU=DEV,OU=OpenKM,OU=Applications,DC=myDomain,DC=local))
principal.ldap.user.attribute=cn
principal.ldap.role.search.base=ou=DEV,ou=OpenKM,ou=Applications,dc=myDomain,dc=local
principal.ldap.role.search.filter=(objectclass=group)
principal.ldap.role.attribute=cn
principal.ldap.mail.search.base=cn={0},ou=users,dc=myDomain,dc=local
principal.ldap.mail.search.filter=(objectclass=person)
principal.ldap.mail.attribute=mail
principal.ldap.users.by.role.search.filter=(&(objectClass=group)(cn={0}))
principal.ldap.roles.by.user.search.filter=(&(objectClass=group)(cn={0}))
system.login.lowercase=on
default.admin.role=OpenKM DEV Administrators
default.user.role=OpenKM DEV Users
Log Errors: (The same error for each user)
Code: Select all
13:24:52,668 ERROR [STDERR] javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-031001CD, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of:
        'OU=users,DC=myDomain,DC=local'
]; remaining name 'cn=ken brayboy,ou=users,dc=myDomain,dc=local'
13:24:52,668 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(Unknown Source)
13:24:52,668 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)
13:24:52,668 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)
13:24:52,668 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.searchAux(Unknown Source)
13:24:52,668 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_search(Unknown Source)
13:24:52,668 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_search(Unknown Source)
13:24:52,668 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(Unknown Source)
13:24:52,668 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(Unknown Source)
13:24:52,668 ERROR [STDERR]     at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.search(Unknown Source)
13:24:52,668 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.openkm.principal.LdapPrincipalAdapter.ldapSearch(LdapPrincipalAdapter.java:200)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.openkm.principal.LdapPrincipalAdapter.getMails(LdapPrincipalAdapter.java:111)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.openkm.module.direct.DirectAuthModule.getMails(DirectAuthModule.java:853)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.openkm.api.OKMAuth.getMails(OKMAuth.java:170)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.openkm.servlet.admin.AuthServlet.str2user(AuthServlet.java:389)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.openkm.servlet.admin.AuthServlet.userList(AuthServlet.java:250)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.openkm.servlet.admin.AuthServlet.doGet(AuthServlet.java:93)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:182)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:524)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
13:24:52,669 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
13:24:52,670 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
13:24:52,670 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
13:24:52,670 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
13:24:52,670 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
13:24:52,672 ERROR [STDERR]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
 #9798  by jllort

You've got a complex ldap tree structure for what I'm seeing.

Appears in security popup the roles ?

With principal.ldap.role.search.base equals to principal.ldap.user.search.base not runs right ? Do you've got roles defined in other tree node, could you define into the same nodes or is not possible ?
 #9799  by tomsilby

jllort wrote:You've got a complex ldap tree structure for what I'm seeing.

Appears in security popup the roles ?

With principal.ldap.role.search.base equals to principal.ldap.user.search.base not runs right ? Do you've got roles defined in other tree node, could you define into the same nodes or is not possible ?
Thank you for your response.

Our AD administrator setup a tree structure just for OpenKM groups. Those groups are found in ldap.role.search.base. But the AD users who may be using OpenKM are in ou=users. It is not possible to define the groups in the same tree node as the users.

I'm not sure what you mean by security popup.
 #9801  by tomsilby

jllort wrote:Select one document, and at bottom tabs select security -> change security it'll appearing the security popup, appears there the roles ?

http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Modifying_security
Thank you. Right now we only have three roles defined. Only two of our roles appear in the security popup. The Admin role does not appear. Also, all of our users appear in the user tab.
 #9805  by jllort

AdminRole not appears because we're filtering.

It's strange because this case indicates that is getting all roles. Seems problem could be getting the roles associated to some user.

Other thing I see is username has white spaces, could you try with someone without spaces ? That could be the problem too.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.