• Http11AprProcessor- Error parsing HTTP request [resolved]

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #30399  by gwaitsi

Hi, I moved the tomcat application/openkm to my nas box and have a strange situation with firefox, particularly on linux.

Windows Client
IE11 - Working with Java Applet for Uploading / Scanning
Chrome v38 - Working with Java Applet for Uploading / Scanning
Firefox 33 - Reports Java Deployment Toolkit has known security vulnerabilities and has therefore been blocked. - but otherwise works

Ubuntu Client
Chrome v38 - Working without Java support i.e. no Uploading / Scanning due to removal of NPAPI support - but otherwise works
Firefox 33 - Just get a blank screen. No warnings, etc but in the error log, i get the message below.

2014-10-31 10:47:23,156 [http-apr-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-4] INFO org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor- Error parsing HTTP request header
Note: further occurrences of HTTP header parsing errors will be logged at DEBUG level.

When i used the Ubuntu clients to access the application on the Ubuntu Desktop which connects to the nas db, it works fine.
Last edited by gwaitsi on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #30400  by gwaitsi

The difference between the Ubuntu Desktop and the Debian NAS versions are below
Code: Select all
Debian 7 NAS ----------------------------------------
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/openkm
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/openkm
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/openkm/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle
Using CLASSPATH:       /usr/local/openkm/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/local/openkm/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_PID:    /usr/local/openkm/catalina.pid
Server version: Apache Tomcat/7.0.53
Server built:   Mar 25 2014 06:20:16
Server number:  7.0.53.0
OS Name:        Linux
OS Version:     3.2.0-4-amd64
Architecture:   amd64
JVM Version:    1.7.0_72-b14
JVM Vendor:     Oracle Corporation
Ubuntu Desktop ----------------------------------------
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /home/stevo/openkm-6.3.0-community/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /home/stevo/openkm-6.3.0-community/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/stevo/openkm-6.3.0-community/tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /home/stevo/openkm-6.3.0-community/java
Using CLASSPATH:       /home/stevo/openkm-6.3.0-community/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/home/stevo/openkm-6.3.0-community/tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_PID:    /home/stevo/openkm-6.3.0-community/tomcat/catalina.pid
Server version: Apache Tomcat/7.0.53
Server built:   Mar 25 2014 06:20:16
Server number:  7.0.53.0
OS Name:        Linux
OS Version:     3.13.0-39-generic
Architecture:   amd64
JVM Version:    1.7.0_55-b13
JVM Vendor:     Oracle Corporation
 #30409  by jllort

- There's some problems on java version upper than 1.7.67 seems does like to run the applets ( we still do not know the reason ). I suggest, if it's possible, downgrade to 1.7.67 and not jump at the present to upper versions.
- About other starting problems, someones could be solved going to java 7 plugin control panel -> security tab -> list of sites ( add there ). Sometimes appears an iccon in browser ( at left of the url ) indicating java has been blocked, if you indicate not blocking solves it ( not always ).

Tell us if you solved something with it
 #30415  by gwaitsi

hi jllort,

It is definitely not the Java. I synced the versions on both the nas box and the desktop to be the same versions. In all cases the windows desktops worked fine - save for the firefox development notification. The Ubuntu Desktop through firefox was able to connect to the local install OpenKM with no problems.

I tried
openjdk-7
oracle java 7
oracle java 8

and had the same version on each box. I got the same results with every install.

The differences remaining are:
desktop = ubuntu 14.04, APR = 1.5.3, APR Native 1.1.29
nas = debian 7, APR = 1.4.6, APR Native 1.1.31
 #30458  by gwaitsi

Hi Jllort, correct.
I disabled the Oracle Java Deployment plugin for firefox and the issue with firefox on windows is gone.
So, the only problem is firefox on Ubuntu 14.04 connecting to the nas box.

It is also, only my main desktop. I forgot i had another Ubuntu 14.04 desktop and that one is working fine, but the main Ubuntu 14.04 desktop is coming up with an http 400 network error.
 #30465  by gwaitsi

i renamed the firefox provile ~./mozilla and restarted firefox.
Now i get the login screen, but i get the error below after logging in.

Error getting translations: No row with the given identifier exists: [com.openkm.dao.bean.Language#en-US]
 #30485  by jllort

The translations error could be caused by automatic browser language identification ( is some feature we introduced in elderly openkm version and sometimes can cause problems ). Try with this url http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/index.jsp?lang=en-GB
Also can try cleaning cache cookies from localhost ( or whatever you're using to login app )
 #30487  by gwaitsi

Hi jllort,

Thank you once again.

The url below allows me to access to the nas box from the Ubuntu desktop causing the problems.
http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/index.jsp?lang=en-GB

I see the language pack on the Ubuntu Desktop is en_GB and have installed the en_US language pack which fixed the problem when using a new firefox profile. Unfortunately, it doesn't help with the existing profile and still has the same problem of a blank screen.

with my existing profile, i get the following error in the developers tools
GET http://nas:8080/OpenKM/login.jsp [HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request 9ms]
The character encoding of the plain text document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the file needs to be declared in the transfer protocol or file needs to use a byte order mark as an encoding signature.

*** deleted the cookies after changing the language pack, and it seems to have resolved the issue for the original profile

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.