• No preview with OpenKM 6.3.0 (Windows 2008 R2)

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #29337  by tgrauel

Hi,

i'm using OpenKM 6.3.0 with Windows 2008 R2. Everything works great except the preview of Office-files. E.g. for Word-files i get the message "Conversion: Error in application/msword to PDF conversion". Same with other Office-files. Here is a snippet of the log file:
Code: Select all
2014-07-18 11:22:54,266 [http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-2] ERROR com.openkm.servlet.frontend.ConverterServlet- Error in application/msword to PDF conversion
com.openkm.core.ConversionException: Error in application/msword to PDF conversion
	at com.openkm.util.DocConverter.doc2pdf(DocConverter.java:330)
	at com.openkm.servlet.frontend.ConverterServlet.toPDF(ConverterServlet.java:246)
	at com.openkm.servlet.frontend.ConverterServlet.toSWF(ConverterServlet.java:300)
	at com.openkm.servlet.frontend.ConverterServlet.service(ConverterServlet.java:145)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
	at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:311)
	at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:116)
	at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
	at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)
	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
	at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:101)
	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)
	at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:54)
	at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)
	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:182)
	at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:173)
	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1040)
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:315)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: this OfficeManager is currently stopped
	at org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.ProcessPoolOfficeManager.execute(ProcessPoolOfficeManager.java:70)
	at org.artofsolving.jodconverter.OfficeDocumentConverter.convert(OfficeDocumentConverter.java:78)
	at org.artofsolving.jodconverter.OfficeDocumentConverter.convert(OfficeDocumentConverter.java:69)
	at com.openkm.util.DocConverter.convert(DocConverter.java:273)
	at com.openkm.util.DocConverter.doc2pdf(DocConverter.ja
What i tried:

- First i installed Libreoffice, then i tried it with OpenOffice (actually 4.1.0) , the problem occurs with both offices
- i changed the path of system.openoffice.path. First i installed LibreOffice and OpenOffice to "C:\Program files (x86)\...", then i installed it to a directory w/o blanks in the pathname
==> "Check config" says that the path is ok:
system.swftools.pdf2swf
OK - C:\SWFTools\pdf2swf.exe
system.imagemagick.convert
OK - C:\ImageMagick-6.8.9-Q16\convert.exe
system.ocr
Not configured
system.openoffice.path
OK - C:\OpenOffice4\program\soffice.bin
- i opened the port 2002 on the Windows firewall
- tried it with other ports
- installed a service that runs OpenOffice
- read all the "Error in preview"-topics in the forum, tried all recommended solutions, but none of them works in my system

So now i'm really clueless ... maybe someone can help me out? Please let me know if you need more informatiosn. First of all here are the relevant settings of my OpenKM-configuration:
system.openoffice.dictionary	String		Edit    Delete
system.openoffice.path	String	C:\OpenOffice4	Edit    Delete
system.openoffice.port	Integer	2002	Edit    Delete
system.openoffice.server	String		Edit    Delete
system.openoffice.tasks	Integer	200	Edit    Delete
system.pdf.force.ocr	Boolean	Inactive	Edit    Delete
system.previewer	Select	flexpaper	Edit    Delete
system.profiling	Boolean	Inactive	Edit    Delete
system.readonly	Boolean	Inactive	Edit    Delete
system.swftools.pdf2swf	String	C:\SWFTools\pdf2swf.exe -f -T 9 -t -s storeallcharacters ${fileIn} -o ${fileOut}	Edit   
Best regards
Thomas
 #29347  by jllort

What openoffice version you got installaded and what word document version type are you trying to convert. If you open directly with openoffice installed in that server can you convert it to pdf ?
 #29360  by tgrauel

Hi,

i'm using OpenOffice 4.1.0 on a Windows 2008 R2-System. The OpenOffice-Build is AOO410m18(Build:9764) - Rev. 1589052 2014-04-22 11:43:54 (Di, 22 Apr 2014).
I tried several office documents, created with different office versions (from .doc-files from Office 97 up to .docx-files from Office 2013), none of them works.
The manual conversion with OpenOffice works, with LibreOffice i also successfully converted PDFs with soffice.exe from the command line.
 #29372  by tgrauel

Hi,

great, i installed OpenOffice 3.3.0, restarted OpenKM and it works!
Many Thanks for your help! I checked out almost everything, with LibreOffice, OpenOffice etc., but i haven't checked out an older version of OpenOffice ;)

Thanks again and Best regards
Thomas
 #29409  by jllort

I would like to see the start up log. Can you stop openkm, delete catalina.log, start openkm ( and when you see server started at log copy the catalina.log and post here ).
 #29472  by jllort

If you want I take a look why openoffice 4.x is not going right in your server, yes, I will need to take a look at starting log.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.