• OpenKM virtual appliance?

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #9556  by Peter81929

It appears to me that (few) users have installation/configuration issues, e.g. with image preview, Open Office, Thesaurus configuration etc.

Has anyone built a ready-to-go VM of a properly set up full OpenKM installation?
If so, I would volunteer to seed that one through BitTorrent etc.

Also, are you aware of e.g. http://www.turnkeylinux.org/ planning to do so (we should motivate them to look into that).

Best regards, Peter
 #9575  by jllort

We've got a OVA installation, but we've got some problem to uploading 2GB.
 #9657  by pavila

I expect to upload the OVA this week to Rapidshare.
 #11407  by Hedwig

Hi,

I downloaded the .OVA file, unzip = OK, but when trying to import (vmware workstation 7.1.4 or Stand-Alone-Importer 4.0.1) I get the error message: Failed to query source for information.

Any ideas?
 #11466  by pavila

I was generated with VirtualBox, and is supposed to be done in compatibility mode. So it should be imported in VMWare, but not tested. If you have problems I suggest try a recent release of VirtualBox.

Another tip: try to post your problem in VMWare forum: maybe they can help you.
 #11742  by joako

How about a look at SUSE Studio http://susestudio.com you could even build your image against SUSE Enterprise versions. Options to build to LiveCD, USB, HardDrive/vmwawre image, etc.

All it would take is some initial work to get the correct files to /opt/openkm/, init scripts, etc.

I might give it a try, but really I don't have much free time, sorry.
 #11755  by pavila

Why not simply use VirtualBox? It works pretty nice!
 #15383  by pbradley

Hello,

the files for the virtual applicance are no longer available for download using the link. Can someone please advise is there is a new download site?

Many thanks in advance,
Paul
 #15417  by pavila

I will try to update the OpenKM in the Virtual Appliance installation and upload again.
 #31063  by pavila

Which virus? It was created from Linux.

Anyway this is a VERY old OpenKM version.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.