• Upload files error information

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #832  by Jim

No.1
My OpenKM.cfg content:
# Default configuration values
# repository.config=repository.xml
# repository.home=repository
# system.user=system
# default.user.role=UserRol
# default.admin.role=AdminRol
# principal.adapter=es.git.openkm.core.UsersRolesPrincipalAdapter
max.file.size=500
max.search.results=25

I upload one file(53M) into OpenKM,I got error information:

Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

what\'s up??

No.2
I want to manage DWG files in OpenKM.How can I do it? Which mime type need I add into mime.types?I want to Index them in keywords too.
 #836  by pavila

- The confguration seems to be ok. Tell us about OpenKM version and post the server log.

- For adding new MIME types, see the FAQ.

... and please, use one forum thread for only one question.
 #839  by Jim

well, thank pavila.:) My openkm version as below:

1.OpenKM 2.0

2.Jboss 4.2.2.GA

3.Windows XP SP2

4.JAVA JDK1.5

Please see the attached file for server log.
 #843  by tidus2728

Hi,

Can you send screenshots of the error message and the filename of the file you are uploading?

I can\'t seem to find the error message in the log..

Thanks
 #848  by pavila

I don\'t see any \"NullPointerException\" in the log file.
 #850  by tidus2728

Hi,

Can you also tell us the exact filename of the file you wish to upload?

It may be that the filename is too long or has too many special characters. You can try to rename the file with a very short filename with no special characters then try to upload.

Thanks.
 #852  by Jim

It\'s DWG file,but I have uploaded some dwg files(less than 10M) successfully.I renamed it to try again,the error is same.
PS: MIME type :application/x-shellscript dwg
It caused?
 #856  by tidus2728

Hi Jim,

Can you send the log file after the error occurred? Also did you add the dwg mime type as suggested in the other forum posts.

To make the log file short, stop OpenKM. Then start it again. Then upload the dwg file that has an error. Then send the log file after the error message has appeared. This will make the troubleshooting easier.

Thanks.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.