• *Too many* errors of the type "getXXX"

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #2629  by kunalashar

The OpenKM system I\'ve installed has become practically unusable with the mammoth number of errors that constantly appear.

The errors open in a window titled \"The system has generated an error\", followed by a variety of different error messages of the type:

\"Error when communicating with server (GetOnlyChilds)\"
\"Error when communicating with server (GetAllGroups)\"
\"Error when communicating with server (GetLastMonthTopDownloadedDocuments)\"
\"Error when communicating with server (GetUserLastModifiedDocuments)\"
\"Error when communicating with server (getUserSubscribedDocuments)\"

and on and on and on.

The error window has a \"Logout\" button that I\'m forced to click, which results in the infuriating error cycle being repeated over and over.

Miraculously, the error stops after a while, and OpenKM briefly allows me to access some folders, and upload some files. Again, after a few uploads and a few folder accesses, the error cycles reappear.

There are no errors shown in the command line debug output.

Could anyone please help?
TIA.
 #2631  by jllort

Lets starting with some extra information:
1- You\'ve installed a clean OpenKM ?
2- Which operating system you are using.
3- Error happens after some time you\'re running OpenKM ( about 15 minutes after you\'ve logged )
4- Do you have any anti pop-up, antivirus or something that could close ajax rpc call from browser to server ( it could be a browser plugin or an antivirus some times ).
 #2632  by kunalashar

1- You\'ve installed a clean OpenKM ?
Yes

2- Which operating system you are using.
Windows XP SP2

3- Error happens after some time you\'re running OpenKM ( about 15 minutes after you\'ve logged )
No, soon after I start using it.

4- Do you have any anti pop-up, antivirus or something that could close ajax rpc call from browser to server ( it could be a browser plugin or an antivirus some times
I\'ll try and disable the antivirus program.

So far, the usage was limited to just 2 users who used it once or twice. Until then, there were few, if any errors. Recently, a large number of users (12) began using it concurrently to upload/download 30-40 documents over a span of 2 hours. That\'s when the system began to show these errors.
 #2649  by jllort

Could be a networking problem. Because this error message indicates that some comucating operation it has not been done, it could be communication problem.

Give me some more information:
1- Do you use it server for more things or only for openkm
2- User are on same network infrastructure no ?
3- Give some idea about repository size, and your computer hardware.
 #2669  by kunalashar

jllort wrote:Could be a networking problem. Because this error message indicates that some comucating operation it has not been done, it could be communication problem.

Give me some more information:
1- Do you use it server for more things or only for openkm
2- User are on same network infrastructure no ?
3- Give some idea about repository size, and your computer hardware.
1 - Only for OpenKM
2 - Yes; in fact, I access OpenKM from the same installed machine
3 - Very small repo - no more than 30 documents, totalling about 100MB. It\'s a Pentium 2.8 GHz with 512MB RAM and 70GB HDD free.
 #2670  by jllort

We\'ve discovered a similar problem like you comments on our actual developement version - that is yet solved but not yet published because we\'ve still not finished 4.0 release. But in our case it only appears on double click action while downloading document.

Do you use the downloaded version from sourceforge or a compiled by you from our cvs ?

Which browser are you using ? all users uses same browser ? which version of browser are you using ( give some on firefox and some on IE, seems it could be a possible firefox bug, could you try with IE browser ).

Really it\'s a small repository, there\'s no repository problem, it\'s a problem in rpc call that is broken for some reason when returns data.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.